Cast x Overworked! Reader

You were the nicest character in the show. You were super supportive, kind, and protective. You always helped Gangle with her comedy mask, you helped Jax brainstorm pranks, you listened to Zooble rant about her problems, you let Kinger talk about his insect hyper fixation, you eased Pomni into the circus when she first got there, and you always participated in the adventures to Caine would be happy.

But, this had taken a toll on you. You were tired. Extremely tired. Unfortunately for your people pleasing mindset, you didn't allow yourself to relax or take a break. You knew you needed to rest and recharge but you just couldn't.

Eventually one day, you lost your cool. Maybe it was the bugs Jax put in your room or maybe it was Caine's absurd and rather painful adventure or maybe it was Gangle's constant crying. All that you knew was that you had snapped.

"CAN ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP?!"

Everyone was . Oh god. You regretted the words the second they left your mouth.

"I...I'm so sorry..." You muttered before running off. Your footfall made a soft thud and echoed through the living quarters. Your mind felt like it was a broken record, repeating one thought over and over and over again. 

What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?

You sighed miserably as you hid in your room. Maybe you just needed to wait it out and they would forgive you. Yeah. That was a good plan. Wait it out until it goes away.

So, there you sat in your cold and miserable digital room, wallowing in a shallow pool of your own metaphorical tears and self pity. You were tired and angry at yourself for snapping so suddenly. You should have managed yourself and controlled your emotions.

┕ ━ ☽ T i m e   S k i p ☾ ━ ┙

As you were mulling over your mistake, overthinking it to an unhealthy amount, you heard a knock on your door and immediately thought the worst. You started to panic but then heard Gangle's shy and hesitant voice through the door.

"Hey....Y/N...we just want to see if you're okay...can we come in...?"

We? Is everyone here? They must be here to berate you for being selfish and-

The lock clicked and the door swung open. Everyone was there and they were each holding a present. This confused you.

"What....what are you guys doing...? Why are you here? Listen, I'm really sorry about what I said earlier. I let my emotions get out of control..." You said while starting to tear up. You felt awful for yelling at them. 

"That's not why we're here, button. You've been working really hard to keep us all happy and we want to repay you!" Ragatha smiled and handed you a blue box with a shiny pink ribbon. You looked up at her with misty eyes and slowly unwrapped the box. Inside was a crocheted frog and a tag that said from Gangle and Ragatha. You grinned happily and set it in your lap. Jax basically threw his gift at your face but you managed to catch it right before it broke your face in half.

It was a jar with moss a few twigs, leaves and it took you a second before you realized he must've put a bug in here. You squinted your eyes at Jax before looking back at the jar. You could see Jax in your peripheral vision, who was standing behind everyone, observing you. You suddenly saw a fuzzy little green caterpillar crawl up a twig and you almost died of cuteness.

"Awwww! I'm gonna name you Wiggles!" You said happily while smiling at the green fuzzy creature. Kinger walked over and placed a pillow on the bed, patting it as if it was a pet.

"Take good care of her. Make sure to water and feed her three times a day." He said before patting the pillow. "Till death do us, my love..."

You realized it must've been a pillow from his impenetrable fortress.

"Thank you Kinger. I will make sure to take care of your pillow. Don't worry." You chuckled. Zooble handed you a fidget toy and some headphones.

"Caine told me to give you the headphones. I hope you feel better..." They sighed right before Jax grabbed their antennas and started running. "JAX GET THE ---- BACK HERE!"

Pomni and Ragatha started to follow Zooble, making sure they didn't skin Jax alive while Gangle stayed back.

"Thanks for, y'know, being there for all of us. We really appreciate it...all of us...thanks Y/N"

Done.

Might edit later on.

have a nice day.