Last Week of Summer

I've been with the Lupins for nearly two months now. I've been to the Potters house 5 times, two because of Remus conditions and the other three times had been for supper.

The boys also spent loads of time here though and I would often see them at least twice a week. One of those days was today.

I was lying underneath a large oak tree painting the forest that stood in front of me. Painting had become one of my hobbies over the summer. I had gotten so much more time back now that I wasn't constantly cooking or cleaning that I could now do stuff I actually enjoyed.

My room was now lined with paintings I had completed and I was rather proud of all of them.

I was nearly done my painting when I heard yelling coming from the forest.

"Help! Help it's got me!"

Shit that sounds like Sirius. What on earth did they do this time.

I quickly picked myself on the ground and ran towards the forest, pulling my wand out of my hair that was previously secured in a bun. My legs felt tingling as I pushed them faster to find the boys.

"Help! Hel-"

They sounded close. I kept running around, looking for the boys. I was considering slowing down and going back for help when I spotted one of the boys face down on the dirt.

"Get up!" I screamed as I collapsed down next to the boy and rolling him over to discover James.

"Get up please! Wake up" I begged as I shock his shoulders slightly but he didn't respond.

"Come on James wake up! This isn't funny wake up" I buried my face into his shoulder as tears started to spill down my face and I started to shake.

"That was one big ass spider moony, it was crawling up my leg!"

"Shit Freya what are you doing here?"

"James won't answer. I heard someone screaming. I... I thought you guys where hurt. James is just sleeping right?" Why are they so chill about this.

James is lying here, unresponsive, and they don't seem to care. It seemed highly unlikely compared to there usual over the top selfs.

"I'm not asleep silly"

"Ahhhh" I screamed as I turned around and slapped James. "Shit I'm so sorry" I covered my mouth with my hands out of shock.

"Don't worry about it love" James said as he stood up and then helped me up. "What on earth happened to you? Are you ok?"

"Well um, there was a spider and well I..."

"Peter tried to use the body binding curse to stop it but hit James instead" Sirius finished for Peter.

What idiots. They knew they weren't allowed to do magic outside of school. They also knew they wouldn't get in trouble for it because of Lyall also being a wizard.

"Come on you idiots, Hopes probably done dinner by now"

It wasn't a long walk back but it was certainly annoying having to redirected the boys every two minutes because they would get distracted.

By the time we had reached home Hope was just putting some bread on the table while the chicken sat on top of the stove.

"Perfect timing boys, and Freya, take a seat"

"Is dad not joining us" Remus asked while he sat down to my left. Sirius sat to my right and James in front of me while Peter sat in front of Sirius leaving Hope in front of Remus.

"No, your dad won't be joining us tonight," Hope replied with a smile. "He had to work late at the office, but he sends his love and hopes you enjoy the dinner."

Remus looked a little disappointed at this information but seemed to shrug it off.

Hope put the chicken on a platter and placed it on the table muttering a soft "watch your head love" as she reached over Sirius.

Hope began slicing the bread, her hands gliding effortlessly through the crust. She placed the warm slices on a plate and passed it around the table.

The boys took two slices while I only took one, I loved Hopes bread don't get me wrong I loved her bread but two slices looks like two much. "Mmm, this is going to be amazing," Sirius exclaimed, his eyes filled  with excitement.

Hope chuckled and nodded. "I've put a lot of love into this meal, boys. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed preparing it."

With that, she turned her attention to the chicken. Hope carved the chicken with precision, serving each of us a generous portion. The boys eagerly dug in, their eyes widening with delight as they savored the first bite. The flavors danced on their tongues, and they couldn't help but let out satisfied moans of approval.

I picked at mine, not because it was disgusting it was just more then I was used to. A guilty feeling began to pool in my stomach as I put down my chicken and started to pull apart my bread as I struggled to finish it.

"Why aren't you eating your chicken?" Peter asked in between bites.

"I'm not very hungry" I replied as I stared down at my lap. I could feel everyone's eyes watching me, it felt like tiny little needle pricks against my skin.

"You've barely touched your food, what do you mean your full" Remus asked while he studied my plate.

"I just don't want to eat anymore"

"You have to eat more, that's not a healthy meal" James protested as he waved his fork at me.

"Boys let's not judge her" Hope tried to intervene but no one listened.

"Eat your chicken"

"Your not the boss of me Remus"

"Why won't you eat your chicken?"

"Cause I feel fat, ok. And I'm not eating anymore fucking chicken. The end" I yelled back as I stood up from the table and ran up the stairs.

"Remus that was unnecessary" I heard Hope lecturing him from my room.

"I know" he exhaled.

I probably over reacted but he had no right to yell at me over chicken. It's not like it was going to effect his life.

"I shouldn't have got involved. Now she's gonna be mad at us"

"No, no Remus. Don't blame yourself for your reaction. You reacting like that means you care and that's what she needs right now. She needs the live and support she's not used to yet. It will take time but one day she'll get used to it"

"Thanks mum"

Ok so I'm late again how unusual right. I want to say thanks for all the support and I love all of you guys so much.

The first chapter is being a little buggy and keeps randomly updating itself and I hope that's not causing any problems on your end. If it is tell me and I'll try and find a solution.

Who should Freya sit with on the train? The boys or her own friends?

Love you all see you next week!