Nationals

Terushima Yuuji

I got up and left the arena as the play-off between Karasuno and Nekoma came to an end. I considered buying an energy drink since I was thirsty. I unscrewed the bottle, took a sip, and started to move once more.

As I was leaving, I noticed the notorious Nohebi captain standing and appearing to be waiting for someone. Something stopped in my world. His slanted eyes gazing off into the distance, the wind caressing his dark green hair. He appears otherworldly.

A girl with dark hair approached him just as I was ready to meet him. It appeared that he was pleased to see her. It seemed as though she was the only girl in the world the way he was staring at her. Am I envious? Absolutely not.

Just as I turned to walk in the other direction, he abruptly lifted his face to look at me. “Oh, Terushima...right?”

I take my energy drink in my left hand and nod. He was with a girl who looked at me and grinned. I mean, he just greeted me; it would be impolite of me to ignore him?

“Yes. Terushima Yuuji and you are...Suguru Daishou?”

He beamed happily when I got his name right. He was about to say something but the girl beside him was pulling him to somewhere. “I'll see you whenever I see you, Terushima.”

They left me alone and walked away. I remained motionless for almost a full minute before raising my hand to my chest. I had a racing heart for unknown reasons. “I should get my heart checked.”

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I walked home after my encounter with Daishou ended. It was already evening, and I was snoozing in my bed. That boy was in my dreams, and it was annoying. I needed to sleep.

I sat on my bed, unable to sleep, and sighed. Why can't I get Daishou off my mind? He had a girlfriend, but I'm not sure if she was his girlfriend or not.

“I'm going crazy.” I muttered to myself as I rose from my bed and exited my room. I went downstairs and turned on the lights before heading to the kitchen for a drink.

I went slowly and quietly to unlock the door, hoping not to wake my parents. I needed to get some fresh air to calm my nerves, specifically my mind. It was dark, but streetlights illuminated the streets as I walked.

I ended up sitting on a park bench. I looked up as I sat down. The stars were bright, as if they were looking down at me. I was so focused on the stars that I didn't notice the footsteps behind me.

“Terushima? What are you doing here?”

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆