Volleyball Match

“𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙄 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙙𝙚.”

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Terushima Yuuji

I dashed to the gym after my classes ended. As captain of Johzenji, I had to be on time. My teammates hadn't arrived yet, so I changed into my gym clothes and did some warm-ups.

My teammates entered the gym one by one until all of us were present. The coach requested us because he needed to make an announcement.

“Compared to others in Nationals, you're all still babies. So, we planned ahead for you to have a practice match with Nohebi.” In a serious tone, the coach said.

Green and yellow colours eluded me before I could think clearly. Nohebi. One of the best teams in Tokyo. Daishou, with his dark green hair, caught my attention. When he saw me, he waved before returning to his own side.

“Oh, is that your loverboy Teru?” Bobata said as he walked alongside me. I was staring at the same guy who was laughing with his team. He appears pleased at the sight of it.

I rolled my eyes at him before walking over to Johzenji's side. We will be playing with Nohebi, as the coach has already stated about their playstyle.

We were on the receiving end of the match from the start. Nohebi was very strong, which is why they qualified for Nationals.

“One touch!”

I heard Daishou shout as he received the ball; despite their dirty tricks, the way he received it was elegant and graceful. I was so enthralled by him that I failed to notice the ball was about to be spiked.

“Terushima, the ball!” Futamata yelled, capturing my attention. I rushed closer to the net before jumping to block it, which I did. We were able to turn off the spike.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

As the match comes to a close, we have won for two sets. We were all excited and energised. When we saw the 19-25 scores on the scoreboard, our energy level rose. Johzenji had tasted victory.

I looked around to see if Daishou was there, and I caught him leaving the gym. I moved away from my teammates in the hopes of talking to him. I heard his annoyed tone talking on the phone as I walked in the gym door.

Is he in a fight with his girlfriend? I suppose so. If he's acting like that. He appears to be irritated by something his girlfriend did or said. That was none of my business.

He could, however, use some comfort. I'm not particularly good at soothing people, but I suppose I could try. Because it appears that he requires one.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆