Chapter eleven

We pull over to a mall, I sit in the car and wait for them to clear it because I have enough killing to do today. About an hour passed before they both come out with bags of clothes, food, and water. Emile opens the backseat and chucks a back full of clothes at me.

"Let's get you out of the cheap fitness clothes and into some new ones" he tells me.

I nod and get out of the truck with the bag in hand, I head inside to find a bathroom.

Once inside the bathroom I look through the clothes, hoping they have better taste than my father. I throw together an outfit and glance into the mirror, I barely recognize myself.

 I throw together an outfit and glance into the mirror, I barely recognize myself

My outfit reminds me of him, he always rocked the military fashion. He did it well too, I want to forgive him so bad. I regret leaving him, I wished to have taken him instead. I failed myself and him. I don't even know if he's alive.

I head back out to the truck and find Emile with my journal in his hands.

"So is this who we're looking for?" He asks looking at the page of Troy.

"Not very kind to invade someone's privacy. But yes that's who. His name is Troy Otto, I can't rest until he's found so you better keep your word Emile." I say with a sigh.

"Of course, we wouldn't dream of breaking our promise to you, once you're initiated of course." He says handing my my journal back, which I snatch out of his grasp.

I enter the trucks back seat once more and open up to the page containing his face, touching the page lightly.

The car ride is long and boring, the only thing entertaining me is imagining he's at my side, making conversation, insulting me

The car ride is long and boring, the only thing entertaining me is imagining he's at my side, making conversation, insulting me.. I'm shaken from my thoughts once again.

"You're not our youngest hunter you know that right?" Josiah says.

"What are you talking about? There's more?" I ask confused. I thought it was just the five men.

"You really thought we stopped all work to greet you? We had to send some out, we're meeting up with Josh before we arrive at our destination." He chuckles.