𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵

𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘶 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵
____________

"i love you" are the words satoru told him.

his expression was full of shock, but it turned into a soft smile soon after.

satoru stared at him. looked at him for one last time, trying to take in every part of him.

his beautiful purple eyes. that smile that he always loved to see. how his long hair fell over his shoulders, and how some strands hung on his face. the small blush that had formed on his cheeks. and the small laugh he let out.

he wanted to take in every small detail, just so he won't forget him. to remember him until the day he meets his end.

he got up, and stood in front of him. looked down at him, seeing how beat up he was. he didn't want to do what he had to do. he didn't want to kill him. he didn't.

there was no other choice though. no other alternative. this was the only outcome. there wasn't going to be another solution to this.

if he let him live, it wouldn't had mattered. he still would've died. he would've been hunt down, and then killed eventually.

so, they just came to the agreement to do this here and now. it was also to fulfill a promise they had made back when they were younger.

"if i die, i would like to die by your hand"

"what kind of twisted wish is that, satoru?"

"it would be the only way i could go out happy"

"with me killing you?"

"yeah"

"well, we should both be killed by each other then. if i die first, you'll be the one to kill me, and if you go out first, i'll do it"

"sounds good to me"

it was a twisted promise, like he had said, but it was one they were willing to make. if it  meant that the last thing they would see in their final moments would be each other, then it was fine by the both of them.

he knelt down in front of him, pulling him into a hug. he tried his best to hold back the tears that formed in his eyes as he pressed his hand into his chest.

suguru gave into the hug, smiling.

"just do it"

satoru hesitated. he thought about what would happen if he just let him live. what would happen if he just refused to kill him.

he ultimately just drowned out all the thoughts that ran through his head and, without any more doubts, killed him.

he felt how his body went weak, without an ounce of life. how his heartbeat stopped, and how his breathing had stopped as well.

he let go of him and moved, sitting next to him and leaning against the wall; his breathing getting heavier and heavier by the second.

it was now done. suguru geto had been killed, by his own hand, just like they had said.

there was no turning back now. no way to fix it even if he wanted to. he now just had to accept this new reality. the reality that he will never see suguru again. never.

he turned his head to suguru's body. his body was motionless. a corpse.

he felt how tears streamed down his cheeks as he turned his gaze back to the dusky sky.

"i'm sorry.... i'm so sorry"

____________

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 <3