3: agreement

"If we show them we can't work together, they won't want us to marry anymore" I explain the plan the Tristan as we enter the dining room again. Neither of us want to disappoint our parents by saying no, so if we say yes and show them that we're not good together, they'll change their minds...right?

"So have you thought about it Alizeh?" My mother asks and I nod awkwardly and give her a half hearted smile. "Alizeh and I, have decided to give it a go" Tristan puts his arm around me as he says this, to put the act in motion. May the game begin...

"Oh this is wonderful news" Mrs Dugray claps her hands together and smiles cheerfully as she gets up from her seat, walking over to me to embrace me in a huge hug. I chuckle lightly and return the hug, Tristan smirks when he sees my expression as his mother hugs me. Great. "You're such a great girl and I'm sure you and Tristan are going to make a wonderful couple" His father congratulates us... as If it was our idea to get together...

Our parents are saying their last goodbyes for this week while me and Tristan are still in the dining room. "Well I guess you're gonna be me ex fiancé soon" I laugh and he looks to our parents through the door and back at me. "Maybe this won't be so bad" he winks at me before walking away as his parents call him over, leaving me completely dumbfounded. Did he just wink at me? Or maybe this is a fever dream. I wish it was.

School was going by as normal, except I see Tristan trying to get cozy with Rory. Of course he is. What did I expect? His eyes meet mine for a second and he smirks before going back to tormenting 'Mary'. I shake my head after we break eye contact and shut my locker to find Louise, "So Tristan huh? Paris isn't gonna be happy about that one" Louise looks between me and Tristan and I just chuckle "Tristan? I'm not in 5th grade anymore" but Louise just crosses her arms "Tristan doesn't look at girls with that smirk for just nothing" she tries to defend her own allegations, which are true in a way but also nothing like anyone would expect. "Can we just drop this" I snap at her... "yeah but just be prepared for Paris" Louise walks away from me and Madeline joins her from the other side of the hallway.

It was lunch time and as Louise said, 'be prepared for Paris'. "Tristan!? Are you serious?!" Paris snaps as she sits at our table. But she doesn't look at me. I make eye contact with Louise and then we both look back at Paris. "He's totally getting on with the new girl. I can't believe this" she slays her head on the table and I take a big sigh of relief. For a second I thought I was gonna have a verbal argument with THE Paris Geller. And that is something I'd never live down if it had happened. Because obviously she'd win.

After a long day at school, I end up just laying on my bed thinking of how much crazier my life was going to get based on the decision I made last night. My phone starts to go off and I'm 100% sure it's going to be Louise, telling me how lucky I am that Paris didn't notice anything going on between me and Tristan, even though there isn't anything. "Hey Louise, I know that was a clo-" "Hey A" he says through the line and I go still for a second, before it all hits me. "My mother gave you my number didn't she?" I question him and he laughs. I can't believe this.

"Yeah well my mom is making me call you for at least an hour every single day after school" my mouth falls open at what he says, I bring my legs up to my chest and groan into my pillow. "Alizeh?" He asks through the line and I just groan louder. "Sorry I had to get that out" I sigh, "I cannot believe this" I whisper to myself, completely forgetting that I'm not longer in my room alone. Well I am but someone can hear me now. "Yeah I know, talking to me must be a drag"

"It's not that... it's just this whole thing is gonna be-" "hard? Yeah well we knew that when we came up with the plan" he argues back and I nod my head, even though he can't see me. "I know" I reply after a while... "can you not just call someone else?" I ask him and I here him chuckle, "nope, my mom says she'll check my phone bill herself" he whispers and I laugh, "well it could be worse" I admit, "yeah but talking to you isn't exactly the worst"

And it happens again, when someone says something and your stomach gets little butterflies inside it. I laugh to myself, "maybe this isn't gonna be so bad" I say out loud, not meaning for Tristan to hear me, "see what'd I tell you, A?"

After me and Tristan's phone call I decide to head downstairs where my mother meets me at the bottom of the staircase. "So how was your call?" She asks me, acting all giddy and excited about this whole arrangement. "It was fun" I say in a high pitched tone to sell the fact that it wasn't one of the most awkward events of my life... and the fact I had to do this. Every. Single. Day. It was gonna be a long week. I wasn't prepared for what was gonna come from this. While me and Tristan may have history with each other, this goes against my whole 'no dating during school' rule, that my parents set up. And the worst part about it, is that it isn't even a real relationship.