Part 7 : stop being crazy okay?

Regret hit me the minute I stepped outside. I felt the lump in my throat and the sting in my eyes as the tiers threatened to fall.

Kyle must be so mad at me right now. Oh God what have I done. I was about to take a walk to clear my head when I saw his car parked in the front of our yard.

It was one of those open Jeeps. 'Great this idiot thinks he is in a beach teen movie' I mentally note to myself in annoyance of his car. Just then I got an idea...not the brightest idea, not even a good one, but still an idea.

I looked around to make sure no one could see me, then I crept up to his car, got in his back seat and hid there.

I hid there, for what seemed like hours. A thousand thoughts going through my head. "What was taking him so long in there? What was he and my brother doing? Oh God what if they were kissing? Am I really hiding in the back of this guy's car right now? Is what I'm doing crazy? Yeah, its crazy but its worth it right? We are just keeping Kyle safe right? Why do I even hate him so much? Ooh right cos he's trying to stick his big black thing in your little brother..."

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my front door clicking open. Out he walked, with my little brother behind him.

I watched as Kyle put his hands around his neck and gave him a sweet little goodbye hug. This had my blood boiling. I crouch back down between the seats and wait for him.

After I was sure he had pulled out of our neighborhood, I felt him drive at a higher speed. I decided it was time to come out and make my move.

It was at this moment I realized I hadn't exactly thought this through because what exactly was my move. If I just spring up from behind him, it could startle him and cause an accident. If I just stay here, it would be even creepier, what am I gonna do just go to his house, wait for him to leave then jump out and call an uber home?

God this was just about the dumbest plan I've ever had, all I wanted was to threaten him to leave my brother alone, now I'm crouched up in his car, on the freeway...

"bro I saw you the minute I got in the car, I thought you would have come up to threaten me or whatever it is you were planning to do by now, but I guess you just want me to take you home" Jamari said, in the most nonchalant tone

I froze like a deer in headlights.

He turned his head around for a split second to look at me then back at the road. Then I heard the most horse, ground shaking laugh erupt out of him.

He laughed like an old man with grandchildren, dare I say like Santa clause, it caught me off guard..

Even more annoyed right now I sprung up from between the seats. I caught his refection in the middle mirror as his laughter died down.

His long dreadlocks were flapping in the wind. He had a developing bruise on his cheekbone where I hit him earlier but the rest of his skin was flawless...glowing, It was...kind of majestic, I hadn't realized I had been staring when I heard him clear his throat.

" go on...threaten away, I promise I will be scared" he joked

" p..ple..please stay away from my brother" I utter out in a defeated tone.

Because that was just how I felt right now, defeated.

" why" he blurts out

" what?" I ask confused

" why do you want me to stay away from Kyle so bad?" he asked again

Making me realize that I couldn't exactly come up with a real or sane reason.

So I kept quiet.

He looked over at me again then back on the road. But this time there was no amused smile on his face.

"i'm not gay, or into him if that's what you are worried about. Look I know what he has been through in the past and he used to tell me about how you protected him when the bullying got really bad. I was there too you know. He would show up at the gym after school with bruises all over his body, with the word Fag, spay painted on his backpack, one time he even showed up with ghadamn dicks drawn all over his school shirt, pants, arms, fuck even his shoes. I was so mad that day I didn't even train him...I drove to his school and just sat there in my car for 3 hours, physically stopping myself from going to the football field to beat up each and every single one of those kids.

Keenan he may not be my blood but I raised him too. I love him too, id never hurt him I promise, id only protect him, you have noting to worry about man.

He scoffs. " so quit acting crazy okay" he ends his speech with a laugh. He was laughing at me i presume.

There it was, his old man laugh. This time it got me too cos I found myself chuckling along side him.

'Uggg fuck.!' I though to myself. 'The fucking idiot isn't as bad as I thought, great what am I gonna say now' I mentally face palm myself.

I looked over at him, and he turned his head and his eyes met mine. His face broke out into the most beautiful smile I had ever seen, this guy was so unreal at times. i swear sometimes he just...shines, and trust me i'm fully aware of how insane i sound right now but i swear...he does that, he glows.

" okay" was all I said back.

I felt the car slow down as he pulled over. He pats the front seat signaling for me to get out of my creepy position and come sit next to him.

I did so in shame, never once lifting my head up. When I was seated he threw his arm over me, making me panic and flinch. I relaxed once I saw what he was doing. He was pulling my seatbelt over me. He clicked it then got back on the road.

The lunatic made a u-turn in the middle of a busy road.

In sheer panic I screamed " yo man what the fuck are you doing"

And in his annoyingly calm nonchalant tone he just said " driving you home idiot"