II. middle school crushes and heartbreaks

UNEDITED.

MIDDLE SCHOOL CRUSHES AND HEARTBREAKS

MIDDLE SCHOOL CRUSHES AND HEARTBREAKS. chapter two

𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 playing the sandbox at the peak of your early teenage years. At thirteen, thinking that sandboxes were for kids and you weren't one anymore. So you settled for videogames and sleepovers (although there were times at night that you'll hangout in the swing when it's your house's turn to be slept over with, for the tranquility and beauty of the night where stars and the moon lit up the sky of course.) The five of you stopped acting childish since that would be considered — immature at such age.

Having crushes and falling hardly in love with somebody always became the topic during middle school, unlike when you were seven, random childish interests were always the talk. You grew popular in the school for some reason, with how attractive you looked and how your personality was what they like about you. Day by day you were becoming the apple of the eye of the students and you were flattered by that fact, fully knowing that you have it in you. Your older sister said that you could use your attractiveness to your own advantage but you didn't, as of that age, because you already knew about moralities.

Almost everyday, you'd get letters containing confessions in your shoe locker and by the end of what you could consider a normal day, at least two or three students would confess their feelings for you. You'd turn them down of course, you already had someone in mind and no one needed to know that.

" Yuki. "

" Yuki. "

" Yuki, wake up! "  You let out an amused huff seeing the confused look that painted the dual colored haired male. It was uncharacteristic of him to sleep during this time, usually he'd be up with his classmates talking about who-knows-what. But it was lunch time, and as much as you'd like to let him sleep (who knows at what time he slept), he needed food to eat. To get rid of that sleepy gaze on his eyes, he needed an energizer and food was exactly the definition of that.

" The three are already in the cafeteria, we're only waiting for you. "

" Mafuyu's already there? " You tilted at the way that he frowned at the thought of his words but nodded anyways, replying about to not sleep in class too much so he wouldn't be left out. He shrugged and grabbed his packed bento before following after you through the halls, waving back at those who waved at him first, smiling in amusement when the two of you had to halt at some point through the walk just so you could get another letter from a girl a grade lower than you.

" I'll think about it, Hori-san. "

" T-thank you, [Name]-san! "

Yuki knew that you wouldn't actually think about it and hide the letter in the box where you put every letters and anything related with confessions. He could vaguely remember you starting it as a joke during in the middle of your first year in junior high, making a bet that if you managed to fill the box up before the year ends, the group would have to give you 300 yen each. They were a bit confident that it wouldn't get filled but they came into realization after two months of your progress that you were a popular student and confessions just seemed to be a daily gift to you.