III could it have been avoided?

UNEDITED.

COULD IT HAVE BEEN AVOIDED? chapter three

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 second year of higschool was tough and you were going to be brutally honest with that. You and Hiiragi were still together but it felt like your relationship was on the verge of breaking. Neither of you talked to each other more like a lover would and definitely far from being close as best friends, he was always with Shizu now and you couldn't help but felt jealousy searing through your veins.

But it wasn't the fact that he's with him 24/7, they had their own bond and that's something you couldn't change, afterall — they're best friends. But the three of you also were. And you wondered what did you exactly have done wrong. It didn't help that fact that you saw Yuki and Mafuyu together and then Hiiragi and Shizu together. As if you were just in the middle. An addition that just couldn't fit the whole group. Just a somebody, just a part of the group — unseen but still there. Just barely. And you hated the way that you were being constantly ignored. Sure, many people kept on throwing their love for you but you didn't any want of that. You wanted your best friends — your lover to acknowledge you as someone who's still there.

Could they ever feel what you were feeling right now?

You stared at Hiiragi's back as the teacher's lecture was drowned out by your ears. You couldn't remember the days that you were romantically involved with him anymore. All those times that you were with him, Shizu replaced you instead. From the first time that the two of you went on a date to the day that you told your parents that you were with him. It wasn't [Name] and You've already made up your mind with him.

" What do you want? "

What do you want? Afterall those times that you've been avoiding me, all that you could just say and ask is that? Not even an, are you okay?  Your fist clenched in silent anger before you sighed and unclenched. You were tired today and the last thing that you wanted to do was start some break-up fight between the two of you. So you calmed down your nerves and stared at him in the eyes, today has only been the day that you did directly and you couldn't but feel foreign by those golden orbs.

" I want to break up. " You told him with a firm voice and there was a pang in your heart when he stared at you back with a glare. It was almost the same when he found out that you liked Yuki — almost — because the one that he was currently giving was harsher than before. Something that you didn't expect. In fact, it was far from what you were expecting. You expected him to at least feel being heartbroken, because if he had that present right now, you had already ready yourself to feel sorry.

But this wasn't what you expected at all. As if he was ready about it and somehow, you felt grateful and infuriated at the same time. But that just made everything easier to be dealt with, " It's better if we cut each other off. " You didn't know what came over you but for some reason, you felt like that was the right thing to do.