Chapter 2 - Starting Line

After The Entrance Exam...

I cracked my neck as I stepped off the train and onto the train platform, looking over the railing and into the sky. Seeing that it was now already dark made me realize why I hated this train ride and the many inconvenient transfers I had to make to get here, but it would hopefully be worth it while being a nice way to relax a little.

Almost forgetting my bike, which I grabbed after getting home from the entrance exam, I quickly pulled it off the train with a loud bang as I went onto the platform below. Quickly inspecting it to make sure it was okay, as I only ever used it for this one reason, I got on it and set off for my destination, home.

- 20 Minutes Later -

Rolling my bike to a stop I got off of it with a huff and rolled up to the side of the house to set it against it. Looking up I noticed on the second story of the house a figure of someone quickly ducking away from the window. Now walking towards the front door as an all familiar ring sounded throughout my head for a moment before a voice became clear.

'Isamu! Kota should've unlocked the door but if he didn't you know where the key is, come inside quickly as dinner is just getting cold'

I entered the house and saw a figure bolt up the stairs, one who must've belonged to Kota.

"He's still a little upset about you not changing your mind about a hero but I'm sure you'll get through to him. Here" Shino said.

She handed me a plate that held a bowl of rice and some meat and carrots on the rest of the plate.

I said thanks and took what she said as a message to go talk to him so going up the stairs and down the hallway, I crouched down and sat in front his locked door where I set my plate down and lightly knocked three times.

"GO AWAY!!!" Kota yelled from inside.

I sighed, this was going to take awhile.

A Few Days Later In The Apartment...

My absent minded grocery sorting was interrupted by a knock on the door as I closed the fridge to see what it was to be met with the sight of a few envelopes sliding through the door.

Reaching down I picked the stack up and began looking through everything hoping for one specific letter.

An advertisement for a nearby end of winter sale.

Some pamphlet mentioning the now clean Takoba Beach.

A letter from UA.

I stopped and dropped everything to the ground except the UA letter.

This was it.

I took a deep breath in and walked to my room, this determined a lot. I thought back to then from before I had met any of the Wild Wild Pussycats and what my purpose was supposed to be when he ruled over me.

Get it together Isamu, you had a high score, you passed and will become a hero. Sitting down I opened the envelope and pulled out a metal disk. After some inspection I put it down to see what else was in the envelope which just se-

All Might : THIS IS A PROJECTION!!!

I covered my ears at the sudden volume.