Chapter 3 - Mock Battles and More

All Might : "WE'RE ALL HERE THEN? LOOKING GOOD!!"

He gave us all a thumbs up and then suddenly covered his mouth turning away... strange.

Iida : "Sensei! This appears to be the same field used in the entrance exam. Will we once again be performing cityscape maneuvers?"

All Might : "NOPE! YOU'LL BE MOVING ON TO STEP 2! INDOOR ANTI-PERSONNEL BATTLE TRAINING!! VILLAIN BATTLES ARE MOST COMMONLY SEEN OUTDOORS HOWEVER STATISTICALLY THE MOST HEINOUS VILLAINS ARE LIKELY TO APPEAR INDOORS. BETWEEN CONFINEMENT, HOUSE ARREST, AND BLACK MARKET DEALS, IN THIS HERO SOCIETY SOCIETY OF OURS THE CLEVEREST VILLAINS OUT THERE LURK INDOORS. YOU'LL BE SPLIT INTO HERO AND VILLAIN TEAMS AND FACE OFF IN TWO ON TWO INDOOR BATTLES!"

??? : "So no basic training?"

All Might : "PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES TEACH YOU THE BASICS, THE DISTINCTION HERE IS THAT YOU WON'T BE FIGHTING DISPOSABLE ROBOTS."

Seeing he was finished speaking most of the class started asking redundant questions. I tried to tune them out.

All Might : "ONE AT A TIME! MY QUIRK ISN'T SUPER HEARING! LISTEN UP! HERE IS THE DEAL, VILLAINS WILL BE HIDING A NUCLEAR WEAPON IN THE HIDEOUT AND THE HEROS HAVE TO GO IN AND TAKE CARE OF IT. THE HEROS HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF TIME TO ENTER THE BUILDING AND CAPTURE THE VILLAINS OR THE WEAPON. ON THE OTHER HAND THE VILLAINS MUST CAPTURE THE HEROS OR PROTECT THE WEAPON UNTIL TIME IS UP. PARTNERS WILL BE DECIDED BY DRAWING LOTS. RIGHT!! LETS GET TO IT!"

After a bit of time I was able to walk up and draw my lot. The paper had the letter 'H' written on it, and after being grouped up, my partner was revealed to be some bird guy, who was considerably shorter than me, wearing a cloak covering his entire body except for his head.

We gave each other a nod and All Might soon after called out the first battle.

All Might : "MOVING ON! FIRST UP ARE.... THESE GUYS!!!"

He held a white ball with an 'A' on it and a black one with a 'D' on it.

All Might : "TEAM A WILL BE THE HEROS, LEAVING TEAM D AS THE VILLAINS!! YOU FOUR STAY HERE, EVERYONE ELSE TO THE OBSERVATION ROOM!!"

We followed his orders and the class left to head to the observation room, All Might following us in shortly after.

After a few minutes of conversation amongst the big group a signal had blared and many holographic screens had appeared showing us different camera angles on the building. On one specific screen Midoriya and......?, his teammate, were seen entering the building via a window.

All Might : "Watch closely and try to learn something everyone!"

He finally stopped yelling, but his voice still held a deep boom to it.

As the two were walking around the room one of the villains had attacked from around a corner, launching an explosion powered punch, but Midoriya successfully made himself and his teammate dodge, only his hood had gotten singed in the explosion.

The villain had thrown a right hook but, Midoriya grabbed his arm and threw him over himself onto the floor.

Midoriya then squared up ready to fight and said something that was inaudible to us.

??? : "What're they saying? These fixed cameras don't have any sound."

A kid with spiky red hair said aloud.

All Might : "They're communicating via micro-transceivers, we gave them to the battlers as well as building blueprints. Also this capture tape!"

He held up a small roll of white tape.