CHAPTER TWELVE

Wang Xiu Ying found solace in the tranquil garden, savoring the delicate flavor of jasmine tea. Despite being transported back in time, he couldn't escape the remnants of his palace lifestyle. Lost in his thoughts, his once ebony locks had turned a snowy white, dancing with the breeze. As he gazed into the distance, a rustling of footsteps brought him back to reality.

"Young master, the grand princess has departed from the fu," Mama Chu, his loyal head maid and wet nurse, announced.

Curiosity piqued, Xiu Ying inquired in a nonchalant tone, "Did grandmother and mother finally agree to the engagement?" Mama Chu observed her young master with a mixture of awe and concern. Once a handsome and graceful boy, he now possessed an ethereal beauty, his demeanor emitting an icy aura.

"Yes, young master," she replied, her gaze lowered. Witnessing the cold smile that graced his enchanting face, Mama Chu couldn't shake off the feeling that she had stumbled upon a hidden secret.

"Let us proceed and offer our respects to grandmother," Xiu Ying declared, rising from his seat and striding purposefully towards the main hall. Everything was aligning perfectly, and Wang Xiu Ying knew that this time around, his life would take a different course. This was his second chance, an opportunity for revenge against those who had trampled upon the General Fu. They would pay with their blood, and he would ensure they knew what means to touch his family.

As Xiu Ying stepped into the main hall, he observed his mother and grandmother engrossed in a profound conversation. He gracefully bowed and greeted them, "Grandmother, mother, I offer my greetings."

Madam Wang looked up and studied her son intently. She had not seen Xiu Ying in quite some time, as he had secluded himself, consumed by worry for the family. But now, witnessing his transformation, Madam Wang was left in awe. She had encountered many fema men in town, some with a few strands of silver hair amidst their natural color. However, Xiu Ying's hair had completely changed, a sign of his extraordinary fertility and rarity among his kind.

The lighter the hair change, the higher the chances of a fema man being able to conceive. Madam Wang realized that the gods had blessed her son with this incredible gift. Once news of Xiu Ying's rare and fertile condition spread, Madam Wang's mind began to race with possibilities. She knew that there would be many families, particularly those seeking strong alliances and advantageous marriages, who would be eager to align themselves with their family. The prospect of having a son who could potentially carry and birth children was a precious commodity in their society.

Madam Wang started making a list of the families she would need to consider and examine more closely. She wanted to ensure that any potential alliance would not only bring prestige and power but also a suitable match for her son. The families' reputation, social standing, and compatibility with their own values and traditions were all factors she would carefully assess.

Then there was the grand princess she thought. Although the two were not of similar status, their families had a long history of cooperation and friendship. The grand princess had visited their home and offered an engagement with her son, which was a most generous gesture.

However, Madam Wang had her reservations. Even though the grand princess had a noble title, her family had a lot of backyard mess even though her son was the duke and head of the family. Furthermore, Madam Wang was concerned about her son's health and safety. If her son was to be betrothed to a man, she would have to ensure his future husband would treat him well and respect his delicate condition.

She would have to carefully vet any potential candidates to make sure they were worthy of her son.

Against Xiu Ying's mother's desires, he welcomed this union, seeing it as a chance to prevent anyone from surpassing him in life. Love had no meaning to him; his only goal was to drag that man down into the depths of despair and he would exploit the duke to achieve this, while also being a loyal wife to the Duke. Nevertheless, he wouldn't hesitate to ruthlessly eliminate anyone who dared to impede his progress.

As the moon hung high in the sky, a dark shadow flickered past the open window of a sleeping xiu ying. With a slight rustle, a man dressed in black silently entered the room. His gaze was filled with disdain as he approached the small figure huddled underneath a blanket. As his hand reached out, he was suddenly pulled back, a knife pressing against his throat.

"You should learn your place, who allow you to enter our general's fu, reveal yourself if you value your life ." Wang xiu ying whispered.