01. Black

EXT. FOREST

A woman was suspended above someone by chains. She was bleeding from several wounds.

"I heard the rumors. I said "no, that can't be". A Winchester, one of us? But it's true, isn't it? Whatever soul you had; whatever boy scout code you cuddled up to at night; it's all gone. Leaving what? Look at you!"

Sam held a bloody knife. "Where is Crowley?"

"Eat me," Dar retorted.

Sam nodded and smirked, hesitated, stepped forward, and plunged the knife into Dar's stomach. "One more time! Where is Crowley?!"

Sam twisted the blade as Dar moaned in pain. "Where's my brother?"

"I don't know!" Dar cried.

Sam cut Dar's neck and held a cup to it to catch the blood.

"No one knows!" Dar screamed. "They won't answer!"

"Make the call!" Sam ordered.

"We're under orders!!"

"Make the call!!"

Dar was crying. "Please!"

Sam dropped the cup, grabbed Dar's face, and screamed at her. "Where's my brother?!"

---

As Sam was making his way back to the bunker, he saw a little girl caked in what looked to be blood.

He walked up and the little girl hid behind a tree.

"Hey," Sam said softly. "I'm not gonna hurt you. My name's Sam. What's your name?"

"Shiri," the little girl replied quietly.

"Where's your mom, Shiri?"

"I dunno. She said run and screamed."

"Do you know where the scream came from?"

She pointed behind her.

Sam picked Shiri up and went to look around. On the ground was a woman whose throat was slashed, obviously dead.

"Where's Mama?" Shiri asked, trying to look.

Sam prevented her from seeing. "Your mom's with the angels now."

Shiri burst into tears and pulled out a crumpled picture from her pocket. "Who's he?"

Sam looked at the photo to see his brother holding baby Shiri. "That's... that's my brother."

"Where's he?"

"I don't know, but I'm trying to find out."

---

Sam and Shiri made their way back to the bunker and he picked up the books, 'Demonic Possession' and 'Rituals of Human Possession'.

Sam answered his phone and spoke a little before saying, "Right, right, so, no noticeable crop failures, no mass cattle deaths, nothing?"

"No, nothing on the radar, nothing on the scope. I'd say that's a good thing."

"No... yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. I hear you, Mike. Thanks. That is a good thing. All right, well, keep me posted if anything does pop up."

"All right. Watch yourself, Sam."

"I will. You got it. Thanks."

Sam hung up the phone. He washed his face with his good hand, since one was in the sling, and stared into the mirror. He and Shiri, who had been given something to eat, sat at the table with books, a police scanner, and researched crop conditions on his laptop. Eventually, he got up and opened the door to Dean's room and turned on the light. Shiri followed, not wanting to be alone. He picked up a folded note from Dean's pillow, which read 'SAMMY, LET ME GO'. They made their way to the kitchen, he made breakfast and coffee and sat, still researching. They looked at a page. "Missing Ohio Man Found Slain in Wisconsin". He snatched up his phone and dialed.