Chapter 3: Meet The Misfits

Recap: Reo and Rei followed Iruma and Sabro in order to observe the misfit class. After the ranking, Reo removed his invisibility, and he surrendered. Rei was disappointed because his brother revealed her presence, and the two of them were captured. What will happen to them once they meet Sullivan?

Kalego: *Knocks* "I have returned, Chair-Demon."
Sullivan: "Hm? You may enter."

Kalego and the twins entered the room as directed by Sullivan. Everyone looked at one another before taking a seat.

Sullivan: "Are these two... The demons we sensed earlier?"
Kalego: "Yes."
Sullivan: "They don't seem dangerous~!"
Kalego: "About that... One of them said that they want to enroll in Babyls."
Sullivan: "Who said it?"
Kalego: "The white haired boy, his name is Zeqareo."
Sullivan: "I see, Reo-kun, huh~!"
Kalego: Tsk, speaking in that tone, could you take this seriously?? "Should I consult Shichiro about this?"
Sullivan: "I leave it to you!"

Reo: [Bro, he's pissed!]
Rei: [Yes, but you better not laugh! I swear, you'll get me killed!]
Reo: [Sheesh, calm down.]
Rei: [Whatever, you're not my twin anymore. Anyways, we'll meet Shichiro later.]
Reo: [Why?]
Rei: [You weren't listening? We're gonna get interrogated to see if we're lying.]
Reo: [Welp, I'm not lying, I wanna enroll.]

Kalego brought them outside of Sullivan's office, and they began walking in a long hallway. They're both nervous and excited to know what it feels like to get questioned.

Kalego: *Knocks* "Are you there, Shichiro?"
Shichiro: "It's rare for you to visit, Kalego-kun."
Kalego: "I'm here to ask you for a favor."
Shichiro: *He opened his door.* "What is it?"
Kalego: "These kids were observing the misfit class earlier. The white haired boy mentioned that he wants to enroll in Babyls, so I want you to check if they're lying."
Shichiro: "White hair... And red eyes..."
Kalego: "Do you know anything about their case?"
Shichiro: "Not really, but I'm willing to research them."
Kalego: "Okay, I leave them to you."

The twins entered Shichiro's laboratory room, and they were told to sit down.

Shichiro: "So, where did you two came from?"
Reo|Rei: "We don't know."
Shichiro: "What's your name?"
Reo: "I'm Zeqareo Iuphus, 15 years old."
Rei: "I'm Reqrais Iuphus. He's my twin brother, so we're in the same age."
Shichiro: "Where's your family members?"
Reo: [Dayum bro, that question goes boom.] "We don't have family members. Oh, wait... I forgot my sister."
Rei: [Could you not speak in a weird manner?] "Yes, we don't have family members."
Shichiro: "Why are you here?"
Reo: [Because we're reincarnated.] "Because we want to enroll in Babyls."
Rei: [Dude, be careful. What if he can read our minds?] "Yes, but we don't know how to..."
Shichiro: "You don't have parents, right? And no relatives either... Where did you live before coming here?"
Reo: "In a desert, and a mountain...?"
Rei: "We lived in random places."
Shichiro: "I see... For my last question, are you here to cause trouble?"
Reo|Rei: "No, we're here to enroll!"
Shichiro: "It seems like you were both honest, that's good. However, this school requires family registers. I'm afraid to say that you need to get adopted by someone."
Reo|Rei: "Oh..."
Shichiro: "Hm... Would you like to be my younger siblings?"
Reo|Rei: "What...?"
Shichiro: "I'm interested with the two of you because I like honest demons. So, would you like to be my younger siblings?"
Reo|Rei: "Sure!"

They followed Shichiro to Sullivan's office, in which Kalego was also present.

Sullivan: "Are they telling the truth, Shichiro-kun?"
Shichiro: "Yes, I noticed that their behavior in my laboratory was too relaxed, so I doubt that they're hiding something."
Sullivan: "That means they are not a threat~!"
Kalego: "What are we gonna do with them, Chair-Demon?"
Sullivan: "They wanted to enroll in Babyls, right? They'll need a family register for that."
Shichiro: "That problem is already solved, I decided to adopt them!"
Sullivan|Kalego: "Hm/Huh?"
Kalego: *Pffft* "Adopt? As your children??"
Sullivan: "I don't mind adopting them as my grandchildren, but it's fine if you want to adopt them as your kids."
Shichiro: "No, I'll adopt them as my younger siblings."
Kalego: "Younger siblings...?" *Pffft*
Sullivan: "I see, Shichiro-kun doesn't have any siblings..."
Shichiro: "Yes, but I won't claim that they're my biological siblings."
Kalego: *Pffft* "Do whatever you want."
Shichiro: "Kalego-kun... You're obviously holding your laugher."
Sullivan: "When will you officially adopt them?"
Shichiro: "Maybe next week, I still have some things to discuss with them."
Sullivan: "Okay, good luck~!"

They left Sullivan's office, and Shichiro led them back to his laboratory.

Shichiro: "Alright, are you sure that you're fine with me adopting you?"
Reo|Rei: "Yes, we don't really mind..."
Shichiro: "Is that so? Okay, but I have to show you something first."
Reo: "Hm? What is it?" [Maybe his jaw?]
Rei: [Probably.] "Sure, what is it?"
Shichiro: "Most students avoid me because I'm creepy for their perspective, especially because of my mask. They believe that I'll do something wrong once I remove it."
Reo|Rei: "Okay..."
Shichiro: "I was trying to intimidate the two of you earlier, but you both seemed too relaxed."
Reo: "W-we're sorry about that..."
Shichiro: "No, it's fine. I'm actually glad that you didn't show any signs of fear. I don't know if it's because you're not enrolled in this school that you didn't know how I'm viewed, or maybe because you're just that calm."
Rei: "We've been living in the wilderness for a while, so we don't really mind the differences in everything that we see."
Shichiro: "Really? I guess I can show you my secret. If you still think the same way, I guess I'll get the adoption papers signed tomorrow."
Reo|Rei: "Sure!"

Shichiro removed his mask, revealing a scarred face. The twins looked at him with no reactions whatsoever, and they simply smiled at him after a few seconds.

Reo: "What do you think, Rei?"
Rei: "It's not that bad, right?"
Shichiro: "Hm? You two are not scared?"
Reo|Rei: "No, we're more interested about how you got a scar."
Rei: "To be honest, we got plenty of wounds during our time in the wilderness."
Reo: "Yep, we came across a large magical beast when we were in a lake."
Shichiro: "You have wounds? It needs to be treated as soon as possible!"
Rei: "No, it's fine. The wounds are already healed, and the magical beast was my brother's fault."
Reo: "Which brother? Me, or Shiro Nii-san?"
Shichiro: *Pause* "Shiro Nii-san? That sounds nice! Alright, it's decided, you two are my younger siblings from now on!"
Reo: "Yay!"
Rei: "By the way, Shiro Nii-san. Shiro means white, and we'd like to give you that nickname because of your white hair."
Reo: "White is also used to symbolize innocence and kindness."
Shichiro: "Can I hug the two of you?"
Reo|Rei: "Sure...?" *Shichiro gave them head pats before hugging them.*

Shichiro quickly prepared the necessary documents to adopt the twins, and a day passed before they even noticed. Reo and Rei are officially Shichiro's adopted siblings, but their last names are still Iuphus. They were given clothes and a room to live in, but most importantly, they're finally enrolled at Babyls. Sullivan concluded that the twins were not normal demons, especially because they don't know their whereabouts. They were transferred to the misfit class, but they didn't really complain.

Kalego: *Ahem* "This might be late, but you have two new classmates starting today."
Iruma: "New classmates...?"
Lied: "What type of demons are they...?"
Jazz: "Hahahaha, getting transferred in our class means that they aren't normal."
Clara: "Are they playful??"
Sabro: "Are they tough??"
Caim: "Are they hot??
Iruma: "I hope they're not aggressive..."
Azz: "Don't worry, Iruma-sama! If they ever cause trouble for you, I'll annihilate them!"
Iruma: "T-there's no need to go that far..."
Kalego: "Come in, you two."

Reo: *Takes a peek* "Hoh, there's no traps." *He silently stepped inside*
Rei: "Why would you expect traps?" *She silently stepped inside*
Reo: [By the way, are you comfortable with your uniform?] "Good morning, everyone. My name is Zeqareo Iuphus, I'm 15 years old. You may call me Reo."
Rei: [Nope, I don't like female uniforms... I want to wear your uniform, but in a black version.] "I'm his twin sister, Reqrais Iuphus. You may call me Rei."
Kalego: "Take a seat wherever you'd like."
Reo|Rei: "Yes!"
Jazz: "They seem... Normal...?"
Lied: "Except for that guy... Why did he expect traps?"
Gaap: "There was traps on our first entry, so he might have experienced something similar."
Iruma: Phew, they don't seem aggressive... "They look normal."
Reo: [Dayum, bro!! They think we're normal, oh my goodness!! Earth people must be weird to think that we're weird.]
Rei: [Heh, you're weird.]
Reo: [Shut up!]

Kalego began the short lecture which is mostly about the misfit class schedule. After their homeroom, Kalego called for the twins.

Kalego: "Before I leave, I'd like to ask the newbies to follow me. We're going to summon your familiars."
Everyone: "Woah, can we tag along??"
Kalego: "Tsk, do whatever you want."
Reo: [Yay~!]
Rei: [You're not worried?]
Reo: [Not at all, I'm excited!]
Rei: [May you summon a chicken.]
Reo: [Oi, don't say that, it might come true!]
Rei: [Hehe.]

They left the underground classroom, and they went to a room where familiars are summoned. The misfit class were curious so they followed the twins to observe them. What will these twins summon?

-To be continued-