First "I love you"

Steve:

A/N: panic attack trigger warning

I walked home quickly, my heart pounding as the sun lowered. You could say my fear of being alone at night was bad. Along with the stares of men who made me feel like a piece of meat, plus the cat-calling, it had triggered something I really didn't want to see.

My anxiety.

In less than a few minutes of leaving work, my heart had began to pick up speed, my hands lightly shaking with the rest of my body. My mind drifted to horrible, outrageous scenarios as usual, and no matter how much I tried to reassure myself, they stayed. I began taking longer strides, taking a little sprint when no one was around. Taking deep breaths, I clenched my fists in frustration.

I passed a few more streets, tears now streaming down my cheeks, but I was still silent. Finally, I was home, unlocking my door as I took strained breaths.

You've been through these before, Y/N, you'll be fine. Don't call Steve. I told myself as I locked the door behind me.

I got to my couch, laying on my back as I closed my eyes in attempt to calm myself down. I squirmed as things became too hot. In a frenzy, I dialed Steve's number, biting my lip.

"S-Steve?" I whispered through my cries.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Steve immediately asked, worry clear in his voice.

"Please come over, Steve." I sobbed, hiccuping lightly. Just talking to Steve made me even more upset than I already was.

"I'm coming, doll, you'll be alright." Steve said quickly, hanging up.

In almost ten minutes, I heard a motorcycle driving up and parking. I stumbled to my door to unlock it, trying to calm down with no avail.

Steve didn't bother to knock, thankfully. Steve walked straight in, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me toward him.

"Whats wrong, doll? Talk to me." He whispered.

I let out a choked sob, stuffing my head in his chest. I continued to cry as Steve scooped me in his arms and proud me to my bed room. Steve sat on the bed with me on his lap, a weeping mess. He rubbed circles on my back, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

"It's okay Y/N, I'm here now." Steve muttered, holding me close. "I love you sweetheart, you know that."

My heart fluttered a bit, my panic attack subsiding. "I l-love you too." I hiccuped, the last of my tears running down. I felt drained and exhausted, collapsing next to Steve.

"You okay now?" He asked, brushing a strand of my hair from my face.

"I'm ok. I had a panic attack, that's all." I whispered, unable to look him in the eyes.

"Hey." He breathed. "It's alright. I'm here for you, one hundred percent. I meant it when I said I love you."

"So did I." I murmured, finally making eye contact. I pressed my lips to his, smiling contently as sleep took over.

Tony:

A/N: intruder trigger warning

Tony was working in his lab per routine; and I was upstairs filing some other paperwork. I didn't necessarily work for Tony anymore, but I still offered to help him out. I was sat at a table, aimlessly going through papers when I heard a crash. I expected it was Tony, but was rudely surprised when I saw two men with a gun in hand. They were pointed at me, eyes glaring.

"Stand up and don't say anything." One demanded. I stood, seemingly scared, but I was prepared. The bracelets on my wrist were alike to Tony's. JARVIS had deployed one of the suits, an arm piece slamming into the back on the intruders head. Another piece crashed into the other, giving me time to get into the suit and back up a bit. They stood, raising their gun. One of them fired a bullet which obviously did no damage. I started up one of the smaller repulsers, aiming it at the one on the left.