nine; of dinner and dates

There's a lot of things to be said about firsts. Your first kiss might be better than you'd expected, your first job might totally suck the life out of you or your first time baking a pie might explode in your face (details on that story to follow).

Vickie's first day back to PPTH? Like nothing had changed.

She spend it by redecorating her desk and the wall beside it, while also catching up with the nurses and other doctors she was friendly with.

Still, things hadn't been completely the same without Cameron there. Vickie had been nagging House constantly about rehiring the woman and after a particularly bad case, House had done just so.

Which brings us to here; Vickie standing patiently by the front desk of the hospital. She wanted Cameron's first day back to be fun, at least in the beginning. So, the Yun woman held a cupcake with bright pink frosting in her hands, a single white candle sticking out of the middle.

It wasn't lit, of course, but it was the thought that counts.

Which is exactly what Cameron thought as she walked into the lobby. She smiled, a blush spreading over her cheeks at the sight of Vickie's beaming grin and the sweet treat.

"Ally!" Squealed the assistant as she enveloped the young doctor in a hug, being careful of not squashing the cupcake as she does so. Cameron melted into her embrace, feeling a sense of warmth flood through her. In a soft, grateful voice she said, "Hi, Vick."

Yun parted from her and held the cupcake out between them, eyes sparkling. "Got you a welcome back present."

"You didn't need to."

"Oh, well, I guess it's mine then—" Vickie said as she pulled her hand to her body. Cameron was quick to stop her, though, as she snatched the treat from the assistant's hand, "No! I—" she turned shy at Vickie's knowing grin. "I would never say no to a Yun cupcake."

"As you shouldn't," nodded Vickie, seemingly serious. She gave a jerk of her head towards the elevators, "Shall we?"

Cameron nodded and they walked while she took a bite from the pink frosting. "God, Vickie, this is delicious. Thank you!"

"It's my pleasure," Vickie smiled, pressing the up button once they reached the elevators. Cameron ate as they waited, she got halfway when the doors to the left elevator opened and they waited for the people to exit before walking in. As Vickie pressed for the fourth floor, Cameron said, "So... did House tell you my terms?"

Vickie hummed, "The date? Yes."

Cameron worried at her bottom lip, frosting caught on the edge, "I... I'm sorry."

"Why?" Frowned the assistant before she brightened. "I'm looking forward to hearing how it was. If you need a dress I just finished a new design that I think would be stunning on you—"

"You're not— you're not upset?"

Vickie kissed her teeth and turned her head to watch the young doctor beside her, "A little bit."

"Vickie—" sighed Cameron but she was cut off, "I mean, I give you advise to get over him and you ignore that but... to each their own."