12

They spent new years at the Burrow. Fred had invited Teddy along and said to bring Remus and Sirius so that they could see Harry of whom Ron had also invited. And so, With a house of 14 people, they had celebrated the new year by playing Quidditch outside until their fingers went numb and then drank hot chocolate by the fire in the main room while talking amiably for hours on end. 

Teddy was first caught off guard by the immediate kindness Molly and Arthur Weasley had shown him when Fred first brought him home. They greeted him with a warm hug and a knit jumper with the letter 'T' stitched on the front with the claim that, they would have gotten it to him sooner if Fred had just gotten over his crush quicker and confessed. The comment had sent Fred into a fit of red cheeks and jeering laughter from his twin George. 

Remus and Sirius had arrived a day later than Teddy and also integrated themselves smoothly in with the Weasleys. Teddy remembered just how easily a smile lit his lips when he saw how full of life his father seemed to be and how close he and Sirius had become since the man's escape last year. 

He slept in Fred's room. And though one of the very first things Fred had done when they arrived at the burrow was apologize for its tight-knit quarters and small size, Teddy had associated the place with a certain charm that was so welcoming and cozy that he hardly had any problems with sharing a room with Fred and George, and, as it would have it, sleeping in the same bed as the former. 

So when Teddy woke the morning after New Years to stubborn rays of sun poking through the blinds and dancing lightly across his face, he groaned and buried his face on the thing closest to him which just so happened to be the one and only Fred Weasley. 

A light chuckle escaped the red-heads mouth as he saw Teddy shift and he covered the boy with an arm, drawing him in further. They stayed like this for several long moments, minutes, hours, it felt like. Regardless, it didn't matter. George had left earlier that morning because he 'couldn't stand the sight of people so foolishly in love.' and had left the two to their own devices. 

Fred was the first to break the silence. 

"I think we should get up soon, love." He said. 

Teddy didn't respond, eyes still stubbornly shut as he let himself be embraced by the taller boy. Fred laughed breathily then and ducked his head to plant a kiss on the other boy's head. 

"I never took you for someone who slept in. I thought you had your schedule."

This much was right, of course it was, it seemed now that Fred knew most everything about him, including his sleeping schedule.

"It doesn't apply today," Teddy mumbled as he slowly cracked his eyes open and gazed at Fred. "My hair is horrid isn't it." He said.

Fred just lifted the arm that had previously been lazily cast over Teddy and ran a hand through the mess of brown curls atop his head. "Nothing about you is horrid."

Teddy glared mockingly as he lifted himself up by balancing on his forearms and tipped his head up to kiss Fred. "You're insufferable, Weasley."

"Oh, but you love me," Fred said, all but practically gloating. 

"That I do-- Oh shut it, Weasley," Teddy said, breaking off when he saw that signature smirk on his boyfriend's face.

Fred placed a hand atop his heart. "You wound, be Lupin."

"Oh, how will I ever make it up to you?" Teddy said, playing into the battle of sarcasm. 

"I have an idea." Fred said, thin lips stretching into a wry smile  as he ducked his head and placed a kiss along Teddy's crook of his neck and then his jawline before eventually getting to his ear where he muttered "You could show me your animagus form." He said, lingering for a moment before pulling away. And the tone in which he spoke in now wasn't teasing or joking or prying, it was just curious. "Tell me where you go off to all those times I couldn't find you in school. Tell me why you have such a strange affinity for pumpkin juice and going to sleep with the sun and rising with the sun."