The Dreadful Press Conference

[name] nervously tugs at the hem of her jacket as the car pulls up to the building. She takes a deep breath before opening the door of the car and stepping out. It feels like a red carpet scene as she's bombarded with photographers and reporters. The bodyguards push them off as she sees her manager up ahead. She speeds up so that they walk in side by side and she's not completely alone. Ethan looks at her seriously. 

"You remember what to say to what questions right?" She nods and pulls out a stack of cards from her pocket. 

"Got the flash cards right here." He hums as they continue walking. They rest of the walk is awkward silence until the pair walk in and there are even more people than outside. [name] shifts uncomfortably as she feels the burning gazes of the people in the room. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves as she walks to the center where the podium is. It goes dead silent as everyone waits in anticipation for her to speak. [name]'s heart is beating so hard she can hear it in her ears. She calms herself down before speaking.

"Hello everyone. I understand that you all have heard or maybe you guys have seen the clip about how I punched a boy." She starts. The reporters all start yelling out questions but she motions for it to be silent. "And I understand that you all have many questions. However, I'd like to say, I did punch him. That part is true." Murmurs and mumbles are shared throughout the crowd. "I had good reason for it though." A reporter speaks up against the chatter.

"Miss Shidou, what was your reason for punching a seemingly innocent boy?" She had anticipated this question of course. She even rehearsed what she was gonna say in response, that didn't help though. 

"Well. He had made advances on me after turning him down. He refused to take no for an answer so I used self defense. It might not have been the best response but it was one that would guarantee my safety." Okay. That parts done. She felt more relieved now. Until one of them asked a question she wasn't expecting.

"Do you regret it? Or feel remorse?" She tenses. No, no she didn't. He got what he deserved. But she couldn't just say that. It'd escalate the situation. 

"I regret the fact that I decided to use violence. Yes. However I don't regret protecting myself." Seemed like a good answer to her. But then here's the question she's been waiting for.  

"Reports say that the party involved alcohol. Were you under the influence during the interaction?" It was to be expected. After all, people talk. A lot. This was one that she could answer with pride though.

"No. No I did not drink. I have no idea for whether he was under the influence or not. But I know for a fact that I wasn't." How long was this thing supposed to be? She was already getting tired of standing. It's only been like 10 minutes. This thing needs to hurry up. She was starting to get impatient. A couple more reporters asked some questions and she answered as politely as she could. Of course it wouldn't be a [name] thing unless something happens. Which leads to this.

"How do we know you're not lying? After all..your kind have a tendency to be violent prone. And rumors have it that your older brother has had a violent history. And..the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree." [name]'s eyes narrow at the reporter who just spoke. 

"Excuse me?" She asks in disbelief with a quiet scoff. The audacity. Are they really trying to make her out to be in the wrong? Just how shallow are people for their money? That's a stupid question. [name] has experienced much racism in the community for her skin color, but this was just..wow. 

"You heard me. You've lived with your older brother for a while now. And your brother has gotten expelled on several occasions due to his behavioral issues. How are we supposed to know you're not like him? Harming people just cause."