chapter one.

⋆ ★ PRETTY PLEASE ━━━CHAPTER ONE 

( THE FIRST IS ALWAYS THE WORST ) , a hard day's night.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

A NICE WARM SHOWER IS HOW FLORENCE STARTED HER DAY. It was that alongside a nice warm cup of coffee brewed from her very own - yet a little expensive - coffee kurig. She had already kicked the man from their previous nights out, out of her house and now it was just her. It would always be just her. Well besides her puppy she named Lucy off of her favorite oldies show - I Love Lucy.

Now staring at herself in the mirror before she finally left the house - three minutes to spare - Florence smoothed out her shirt, which she didn't have time to iron, and threw on some sneakers and combed out her hair. She looked hot - per usual. Grabbing her bag that hung off the side of the mirror, she left out the front door of her studio apartment and down to the street where her white toyota waited for her. 

The drive to Seattle Grace was calm. The beautiful views, the nice warm breeze and the radio playing lightly in the background made Florence content. As she turned into the parking lot which was fuller than she expected, the female parked and made her way inside the building. 

There were two things she noticed walking into the hosptial. One, there were a bunch of people just standing around the lobby, Florence presumed other interns like her, waiting for Chief Webber. Two, the guy she had been sleeping around with since she got her four days ago was here. Just her fucking luck. 

Smiling at the blonde, Alec Duquette waved his hand ecstatically, drawing multiple people's attention to him and the person he was waving to. Florence's eyes widened in shock before she marched over to him, snapping his hand down and pulling him off to the side. "What the hell are you doing here?" She demanded. 

"First of all, ow." The male muttered, holding his wrist in pain, looking down at where the girl's nail made an indent in his skin. 

"First of all, ow." Florence mocked in an idiotic tone before demanding once again, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"It's my first day." Alec replied in a whine. "What the hell, Flo?"

"Don't call me that." The female huffed in reply, "Great. Just fan-fucking-tastic." all while pushing some hair out of her face.

"Wow, be a little mor excited to see me, thanks." With a grunt he straightened himself out before asking, "What are you doing here?"

"It's my first day too." Florence told Alec, finally a bit more calm now that the reality had settled in. "Let me guess, surgical intern?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "Let me guess, surgical intern?" He copied her words this time. 

Forcing a laugh, the girl nevertheless nodded. "Yeah." 

"People." A booming, male voice was heard over the larger group of people. "Welcome to Seattle Grace hospital. You all must be our new surgical interns. Follow me, let's begin the tour, shall we?"