chapter five.

⋆ ★ PRETTY PLEASE ━━━CHAPTER FIVE 

( FIRST DATES ) , shake your groove thing.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

"SO." Derek took a sip of his coffee as he sat across from the most beautiful woman on planet Earth - Florence Ledger. She had finally agreed to their first official date and here they were, enjoying each other's presence without the judgment they would receive inside the hospital. I mean, he couldn't believe it. After weeks of pining after her, she finally agreed and he was on a different level of happiness right about now.

"So," Florence repeated his words with a nice, genuine smile. She couldn't believe she agreed to the date. She wasn't used to these sorts of things - dates we're out of her language. But nevertheless, ever since their shared kiss, she was on cloud nine.

"How's the internship going?"

Looking at him dead in the eyes before scoffing a laugh, the female said, "You brought me to breakfast to talk to me about my internship? This wasn't how I imagined our first date, Shep."

Laughing as well, he muttered, "Sorry," Before looking at her with nothing but admiration. "I haven't been on a date in a while. It's kind of new territory to me."

"Me either," Florence nodded in agreement. "I mean, I just kind of fool around, no one's been gentleman enough for me." She admitted honestly.

"Except for me," Derek countered.

"Except for you." The female confirmed with a nod.

"So," He began again, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "I really liked kissing you last night."

"Really?" The girl questioned with sarcasm laced in her tone. "I had no idea. I mean, the way you slipped your tongue into my mouth was a hint but thank you for telling me. I love a man that's straight forward."

"Yeah," Derek laughed. "I'd like to keep doing it, if that's okay."

"Oh, that's more than okay,"

Finishing up their breakfast and Derek paying - being the gentleman he is - both of them made their separate ways to the hospital. That's where Florence got ready for her first surgery with Dr. Burke. Finally, she thought. After waiting for this moment forever, it was finally here. But she really should have had coffee this morning. Nodding off in the middle of her surgery was a big mistake.

"What was that, Ledger?" Burke asked as she held the heart in her hands, him sewing it back up as he was finishing with the surgery.

"What?" She instantly snapped awake. "Oh, I'm sorry. It must have slipped." She lied as best as she could, putting on her best poker face behind her surgical mask.

"It's alright," The male looked at her, to make sure the intern was okay. "I'm done. You can release Mrs. Patterson's heart now, but do it gently." Florence did as she was told, lowering the organ back into its correct body cavity, slowly as she could. "Alright, let's warm her up and get her off bypass."