chapter six.

⋆ ★ PRETTY PLEASE ━━━ CHAPTER SIX 

( CONSEQUENCES AND MORE ) , if tomorrow never comes.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

"NEVER LEAVE THAT TILL TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY." Those were Benjamin Franklin's words of success. The man who invented electricity. And you'd think a lot more people would listen to what he had to say. It's an unsolved mystery of why people put things off but if Florence had to guess, she'd say it had a lot to do with fear. Whether that be fear of failure, fear of pain, fear of rejection, etc. 

Sometimes the fear is just of making a decision. And Florence had a lot of decisions to make it right now - or so it seemed. 

Laying in bed, rethinking her life choices as her alarm blared loudly in her ears, Florence was stuck. She didn't want to get out of bed. She was putting off getting out of bed for a solid thirteen minutes now - her alarm just blaring into the void of silence. 

"God," Lucy groaned from beside her friend, taking her pillow and showing it on top of her head, trying to drown the noise out. "Turn that shit off, please. I beg of you, Flo." 

"Get up and turn it off yourself," Florence snapped back, turning her body so she could get more comfortable in bed. "When did you even get here?" 

Lucy yawned and reached over her friend to turn off the device before laying back down with a huff. "Last night at like one o'clock. Your apartment is closer than Mer's house."

"Wait - when did you even get a key?"

"I stole yours and made a spare copy." 

"What?" The girl instantly sat up. 

Making her way to the hospital, already being late because of all the laying in bed she did this morning, Florence ran into the one person she had been avoiding. "Crap," She muttered, her eyes widening in fear. 

"Crap?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. 

"No, yes. I'm just saying - I'm late." 

"You're avoiding me, Flo." He slammed his car door, following after the woman, hot on her heels. 

She nodded and cheekily smiled back at him. "Yes, but I'm more or less late."

"Are we gonna talk about this?" He continued to press. When he got a mere head shake, he continued, "We need to. About us and Bailey and what she saw?"

Ah yes, the rather found memory Florence would like to let go of. After getting super crazy drunk and running into Derek outside of Mer's house, the two hooked up in the car. The girl had to admit, she loved every second of it - until she didn't. Bailey walking up to the car to see Florence's everything on display was not how the night played out in her head.