014

➻✧❀✧➻

⚘❧ⅈℕ𝐓ℯℛ𝐒𝓉𝒞ℓℓ𝐀𝓇

𝓕𝕒𝓉ℰ𝒮~014❧⚘

➻✧❀✧➻

"I must say, it's become quite the festival here on the Xianzhou. Reunions of new and old. Fateful encounters. Destiny is in the works. I wonder if Diviner Fu knew of this good fortune." Jing Yuan spoke to himself as he stared at the case of framed pictures and text with a coy smile on his face. "The reunion of the High Cloud Quintet will take place in the very same place it was formed," He turned towards the front entrance of his alma mater and chuckled dryly, "Time for our class reunion."

➻✧❀✧➻

"Wh-What about Sushang and Luocha?" You panted as you followed behind Dan Heng, struggling to keep up with how much he was ducking and weaving between crannies and crawl spaces. "They'll understand, Y/n. This is important!" He called back to you and briefly looked back to make sure you were right behind him. You couldn't tell him that he was as swift as the wind itself and that you were struggling to keep up, but the desperate look in your eyes told him everything he needed to know, so he stopped.

"I'm sorry. I've been acting selfishly knowing full well that this involves you just as much as it involves me." He turned on his heels and faced you with a sympathetic expression on his face. You huffed and tried to catch your breath, your body almost falling helplessly into his open arms.

You weren't usually this exhausted after running around for the majority of the day, but your mind had been clouded and your emotions were running on high. You felt the urge to just fall down to your knees and cry become more and more desirable with each passing second. You didn't know why. Where did these symptoms come from? The question popped up into your head, but almost instantly went away as you felt a strong pair of arms pull you in closer and his words lull you back to a much more calming state.

"You must be hurting inside... Everything you thought you knew seemingly turned on its head in a matter of seconds. I'm sorry you had to suffer this fate... I swear, I'll do everything in my power to make things right." His words were nothing more than hopeless fallacies despite how pretty and soothing they were.

How can he help me...? Your thoughts rejected him. You wished your body would follow suit, but his hold on you was too secure. Too familiar. You couldn't resist leaning in for more. But your mind refused him. It was his fault that you were starting to spiral. Who were you? Who am I? He threatened your very existence with knowledge that could've stayed forbidden. If it was sealed away along with other important things in the recesses of your memory, then perhaps it was for the better. Who was he to rob you of your ignorance? Who is he really? It was plain as day: he suffered no consequences. He spent his life chasing after who he was, while you lost who you were and have to chase after the future. How could you, when the facade melted and left you feeling bleak?

Hopeless.

It all felt hopeless.

Useless.

You were utterly useless.

"Priceless," Dan Heng muttered into the crook of your neck, his voice low and tickling your nape. You couldn't help the shivers it sent down your spine. Curse you, body. You swore at yourself, at him, and the effect he had on you. It wasn't fair how he did this to you and never thought twice about it, "You are, Y/n. Priceless and indispensable. I would give anything for you to find true happiness." His words continued to chip away at the shell encasing your heart. You couldn't let him do that to you. You couldn't let him hurt you and get away with it.