1

.
.
.

Sweet, warm, and just... delicious.

The smell just hits your nose

Y/n's bakery was located in a small corner of the busy city. Its wooden floor and cozy atmosphere created an inviting vibe for those passing by. The slightly bright white walls were dotted with a few simple yet charming decorations, while the display shelves were filled with fresh, warm, and delicious baked goods, with just a few seats scattered around.
Despite its small size, it felt welcoming, with the aroma of freshly baked goods filling the air.
The bakery was located just near a company, making it a perfect place for those looking to grab a quick bite or take a break from a busy day at work, those like.. him.

The tall, blond guy. he's a regular costumer. his visits began approximately three months ago. his professional suit suggested that he works at a nearby company.however, his dissappearnce for 2 weeks then showing up in a different suite had you wondering if he changed jobs or if the company's dress code had a little update.  although the latter would be very unlikely since his co workers still had the same boring black suits.
he'd come every day at 6 pm sharp without fail, just like clockwork. With every visit, he requested the same item, sweet bread. It made you wonder what's so good about regular sweet bread i mena come on it's such an old recipe, at this point you only make one small batch a day, and your sweet strawberry cupcakes or square croissants are no match for.
meanwhile, his intimidating aura had prevented me from engaging in a conversation I mean come on anyone would think that at least you knew his name, you practically see him everyday but you could never bring yourself to say a word he also often appeared tired and dull, leading you to believe that your sweet bread might have been the highlight of his day and forcing a conversation will just make you annoying.

However, that changes today.you've finally decided to muster up the courage to ask the man his name and initiate a conversation.it's a perfectly reasonable thing to do, especially since you've seen him so many times.  'that's it y/n you're capable of talking to this stranger you've been seeing for the past few weeks you can do it!
today's the day' you tell yourself.
you mutter to yourself for encouragement, despite your fears and anxieties.

As the clock strikes 6, the bakery's door swings open. without even needing to look up, you instantly know who your customer is. his heavy footsteps and the distinct sound of his leather shoes hitting the wooden floor have become all too familiar.ready and waiting, you place the sweet bread in a paper bag and you hear a low

"hello"

you look up and smile
"hello"

now usually you'd stop there and hand him the paper bag but not today.
you continue

"how was your day?"

he looks a bit taken back for a moment but quickly replies

"great,how was yours?"

"mine was great too, was just testing out a new cookies recepie"

"I can tell"
he says referring to the overwhelming smell of freshly baked cookies

"oh wait I'll bring you some to try, do you have anywhere else to be right now?"

"no"

"great! take a seat there please"

you say and he does immediately, you head towards the kitchen placing the freshly baked cookies in a plate with a cup of milk then you bring them back to him

"here you go"

"thank you"

he says while you take a seat facing him then say as he takes a bite of one the cookies placed in front of him

"so uhm, kinda too late to ask this but what's your name?"

"my name is kento nanami" he says

"oh nice to know my name is y/n l/n"

"I know"