8

You've now parked the car outside the large bakery supply store. Nanami offered to take you out for breakfast first, but you declined, citing a desire to shop without wasting too much time. he obliges, getting out of the car and opening the door for you once again.

You enter the store, taking two large carts with you as you approach Nanami. with a determined look in your eyes, you state
"okay, let's get the important stuff first. flour, sugar, eggs."
without waiting for a reply, you head over to the relevant section and start filling up the cart with the essentials. meanwhile, Nanami follows faithfully, grabbing the heavy bags before you can lift them and placing them directly into the cart.
" thank you but you know I can lift 10kgs of flour right?" you say a bit embarrassed
"I know you're a big girl but I want you to always be comfortable when I'm around" he says placing the heavy flour bags in the cart and you can't help but blush at his words god why does any simple thing he says turns out hot..
"soo I also need to get another scale, baking is precise and requires precise measurements and I only have one scale right now" you say shifting you focus to the list then the two of you take turns pushing the cart towards the aisle while chatting

"y/n why did you become a baker" nanami asks curious

"you know, baking really is an art and a science," you say, your voice tinged with excitement. "the balance of ingredients is so important, and it's amazing how, when you get it right, the result is something that can bring so much joy to people."
"my mom was a great baker," you continue, your tone growing softer. "She baked the best bread, and she could light up a room with her creations."
"i want to be just like her," you say, your words carrying a deep affection for your mother and a touch of longing.

"where is she now? if I may ask" he says

"she died 4 years ago"

"were you close?"

"she was my only family, we only had each other really and she was always so kind..putting others before herself" you say getting emotional as you remember your beloved mother

"I'm sorry for your loss"

in an effort to avoid your emotions, you brush off your feelings with a nonchalant, "Nah, I'm over it don't worry" when your voice breaks, though, it's evident that you're still hurt, there's a slight burn in your throat, and your eyes are threatening to overflow with tears. "oh look, powdered sugar. we need that."
You turn away, trying to maintain an impassive facade by changing the subject as quickly as you can. Then, you reach for the 15kgs bag of powdered sugar, unaware of how heavy it is. a a result, the bag slips out of your grip

"careful!"
Nanami warns before the bag hits the floor sweeping you off your feet,you were swallowed whole within his tender and firm embrace, your entire body enveloped within Nanami's massive frame. you can hear the subtle sound of his heartbeat, a steady thrum against your ear lending a calming ambience to your otherwise turbulent state. you cling to his shirt, unwilling to leave this safe haven, and you are barely able to see the world past chest, his broad shoulders towered over you, and you barely came up to his chest. the size difference is apparent; you feel small and vulnerable in his presence. It's the ultimate in comfort, a sense of protection and security that no one has ever provided before.the bag hits the floor with a loud thud and powder sugar spreads everywhere creating a big white cloud, Nanami tightens the hug, his embrace becoming even more of a sanctuary away from the world. you bury your face deeper into his chest, unable to restrain the flow of tears any longer. his hands rub soothingly against your back and head, gently pressing you against him. his touch is so tender and comforting , you finally look up at him with teary eyes that struggles to contain your emotions, with shaking lips, you fail to form a word between sobs, trying to communicate the torrent of emotion overwhelming your mind and heart at that moment or at least apologize for all this mess, for you being a mess.
nanami gazes at you, taking in your beauty. your tear-streaked face, your eyes are glossy as tears stream down your cheeks, your lips quivering and covered in white powder sugar as well as your cheeks. he can't help but be mesmerized by your beauty even in this moment, his eyes tracing every curve and line of your face. your quivering sweet lips, the raw emotion in your eyes, it's all so beautiful to him.he can't help it, really, he cane stop himself.. it's too hard, you make it impossible.
he grabs your face cupping your tear stained cheeks with his hands, a'd quickly leans in pressing his lips into yours, licking the powdered sugar off of them, his tongue found a way inside your mouth, not fighting for dominance like he'd normally do, instead he's savoring this moment holding your face like it's the most delicate thing he has laids his hands on.

_____
I had no idea what to do with this chapter so it's kinda boring too but we're getting there, also the powder sugar was Def inspired by gone girl and OMG why did I keep imagining this scene to be so dramatic and how awkward it must look irl like imagine you just wanna go grab some eggs or a bag of chips then boom 2 pepole making out in a sugar cloud