Chapter Four

Walking into this apartment the energy was completely different. Although Colby knew that the heat had been turned off, he felt a familiar warmth travel into his stomach, a weird feeling of comfort settling under his skin. The apartment looked as if it had been saved in time, everything seemingly untouched. 

"This is..." Sam paused. 

"Beautiful." Colby finished his sentence, shutting the door behind them as they fully took in the apartment. The couch was white with a gold edge, the wood swirling underneath the arms and down to the ends of the legs of the couch. There was small details that made the couch pop, like the little pink and blue flowers seemingly sown into the material. Glancing over at the kitchen there was different candles placed in glass holders, the yellow wax burned down to nothing but a stub. There were still plates stacked in the cabinets, each of them lined with red and pink flowers and bows. 

"We could eat a meal here, it's like a fully stocked kitchen. All we need is food." Sam joked, lifting the camera up to get a closer view of the plates. Sam opened up the cabinet, taking one out and messing around with it. "Maybe the ghost will get mad if I drop it!" He stuck his tongue out, letting the plate fall from one hand into the other. 

"Sam, stop. Don't break it." Colby tried to get the plate from his hand, the pair running around the kitchen island as the camera recorded the pair. Suddenly, the cabinet door slammed shut, Sam's eyes widening as the two of them carefully put the china back into it's cabinet. 

"No messing with the China, got it." He whispered, clearly now spooked slightly. Despite the nervousness Colby was feeling, he insisted the pair continue down the hall and into the bedroom, each apartment consisting of the same layout. The bedroom consisted of the same candleholders, this time sticking out of the wall. There was a bed in the corner, a large wooden headboard at the end. The bed was lined with baby pink sheets and a massive white blanket that was decorated with little yellow ribbons. There were fluffy white pillows at the top with ruffled edges. Glancing up there was a small golden chandelier hanging in the corner of the room by a rack of clothes that was filled with old dresses still. 

"Look at these." Colby rushed up to the rack of dresses, a different color in each one. He landed on a white one, running his hands carefully over the fabric. The dress looked familiar, but he couldn't quite remember where he had seen it before. Just above his head he heard a knock loudly, Sam spinning around abruptly. 

"What was that?" Sam glanced in each corner of the room, spinning the camera towards Colby as he shrugged, Sam turning back around to investigate the bathroom. 

"I'll be careful with the dresses, I understand." The knock happened once again. "Trust me, I won't let anything happen to them." Colby whispered out of Sam's earshot, heart beating quickly. he couldn't tell if what was happening was actually just a ghost or the old apartment building, but he wanted to trust his gut that what was happening was real. 

"There's nothing else interesting. Let's head downstairs, maybe pick up some food or candles and wait for three am. We'll see you guys later." Sam shut the camera off, the pair heading down to the lobby and into the car.