➀𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖➀

(A/N: WHOOOO!!! I decided to do an actual fanfic and not just random one shots! These chapters are short because I have no creativity. This is an old idea re-written for your entertainment! Enjoy!)

TW: Slight assault, swears, slurs, homophobia, and a very frustrating blind gay.

———————————————————
~Family Drama~
———————————————————

(Kou pov)

Riiiing!~ Riiing!~ Riiing!~

My loud morning alarm rung, I never really  liked it when it's time for work since none of my friends are there. I stood up and went on with my morning routine that consisted of a shower, meal and, brushing my hair and teeth.

After that I would go make breakfast for Tiara and a coffee for me but I did it all last night so I am all set to go. I put on my shoes, coat, badge and I took a bus to work.  When I arrived at work, I would've greeted by my partner, Akane Aoi, former college of my older brother, Teru.

But he was promoted into a different precinct and I'm on desk duty until we can get a person to fill in for Akane. "OI! Minamoto-kun!" I heard someone yell from a distance. In act of instinct I turned around. Behind me was a medium sized person with pink hair and eyes running my direction in a panic.

His face glistening in the sun that peeped through the window. He had his hand on his hip. "You're Kou minamoto right?" He asked with eyes so bright it could quite easily blind someone. "Y-yeah.." I said now facing his direction as to show he has my full attention.

"Good." He said as he held a slight smile on his face. "I'll be working with you, have you been informed of that?" He said with the hand slightly covered by a sleeve of his cardigan messing with his hands as he looked me in the eyes.

"No, I haven't. How will I be working with you?" I asked with a slight head tilt. He looked at me with a 'D:' Face. "Your precinct has partnered up with "Showtime magazine", you specifically have to help me collect info and pictures of recent cases. Only for two months though." I simply nodded as I took in all of this information.

"I'm Mitsuba Sousuke, by the way." "Oh okay then!" I smiled at him but I'm return I revived his eye roll. Clearly, he's annoyed. "Hey, I need to get this page done by tomorrow, help me out here."

He said pointing at his camera. I could tell he had a passion for photography but, it felt much more than that. "Hey!" He yelled. "Are you even listening to me!?" He waved his arms around. "Of course, what else would I be able to hear?" I giggled at my own joke.

"Hey! Not funny!" He whined and he gave me what I think he thought was a 'hard punch' on the shoulder. Of course I ended up giggling, that resulted in him acting sour. "Psh! Let's go, idiot." He grabbed my hand and dragged me along to outside.

"Let's go to the location they last saw Haneki, That's for the first page." He said as his beautiful pink orbs stared into mine. "Hmmm... familiar.." I mumbled to myself. Who's eyes shined like his? Who was it? I can't remember. But they were dear to me..

"Minamoto-kun?" I heard him say my name softly, again, he reminded me of someone. I can't remember who it is, it's like my brain is working against me. "Yeah?" I responded matching his tone. "Where are we even going?" He asked with a slight attitude at the end.

"Oh right!" I said as I collected myself and pulled out the case file. "It says it was at the park next to the woods!" I said with a smile. "M'kay" he said as he pulled out his camera out of his bag. "Well then lets go?" He gave me a curious glance as his head tilted at me.

Ba-dum Ba-dum

"Um.. yeah! We'll just take the bus.." I smiled as I felt this strange emotion. I felt like I needed to hug him. I have no clue why. "The bus arrives in.. 2 minutes." He said as he sat down on a bench, which was surprisingly empty, so was the bus stop.

"Suspicious..." I mumbled. "What was that?" He asked. "Just talking to myself" I answered with a half truth. "Huh.. okay.." he said as he rolled his eyes. "Hey I thought I was the detective!" I whined. "Not anymore!" He giggled.

I simply smiled, the sight of my college being happy made me happy as well.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes knowing I didn't mean any of the hate I was giving him.

"what the goofy smile for minamoto-kun? Did you fall for me or something?~" He giggled yet again. "NO! Just cause I'm bisexual doesn't mean I like you!" I huffed and crossed my arms.

Suddenly a random guy who was walking near us tripped. Mitsuba-kun helped him up but the guy just pinned him to a wall and licked his lips. "Wow look what I found~" The odd man said.

"Such a pretty boy.. just like his mother.." he said as he tucked a piece of Mitsuba-kun's hair behind his ear. I'm guessing the guy didn't see me because he ended up getting really close to Mitsuba's face and whispered something.

In that moment I realized how little I've done to help Mitsuba-kun out. "HEY!!" I yelled. "GET OFF HIM." I said trying to sound assertive. "RIGHT THE FUCK NOW." The guy looked at me and slapped Mitsuba-kun. "You fucking faggot. You never said you finally made a friend." The man said before running off.

Mitsuba-kun fell to the ground and cried a little. Then a lot. Then a lot of a lot. "Hey its okay.." I said in a soft tone trying to keep him from feeling worse. "L-lets g-go.." A shaky voice said.

He then muttered something. "What was that?" I asked hoping to confort him. Next thing I knew he was snuggled up in my arms, not crying, just tearing up.

I smiled down at him. "It's okay. I'll ge here to protect you." I said with a smile to which he responded with something I didn't see coming. "That's m-my moms e-ex boyfriend.." he said still a little shaken. "The guy who was in charge of me..." he said with a small sniffle.

After a while he calmed down and the second bus arrived, we got on it since we missed the first one. "Where do you wa-" I was cut off by the pinky boy who had already sat down in the back.

I chuckled to myself before joining him in the back row. "Hey so I um-" he put his finger over my lips. "Now now. I wanna rest." He said with his eyes now closed. Not too long after that interaction with him, he was dead asleep on my shoulder.

I smiled at the scene.

"Sleep well Sousuke."

———————————————————
(A/n: AAAAAAND CUT!! I finally finished with this chapter! No. 2 might come out soon idrk what ima do with this fanfic.)

Word count: 1197