Chapter Seven: Moment of Silence

Ariel's POV

I awoke with a start. Everything was white. So blindingly, searingly white. My heart pounded in my chest. It was a world with no sound, no color. Just me, alone in the empty whiteness. I called out, but no one answered.Then I saw her.
She was standing there, dressed all in white. Her eyes were empty, her smile was blank. I recognized her, even though I'd never seen her before. It was Adara.
The scene changed instantly, we were in a park,she turned to face a trampoline. She was there with a few kids all dressed in white,she got on. The kids joined her on the trampoline, bouncing in unison. They made no sound, but their movements were perfectly synchronized. Their faces were all empty, their eyes blank. And then they turned to look at me. I felt a chill run through me. I wanted to move, but my feets were frozen to the ground. The kids kept bouncing, staring at me. And Adara just smiled that empty smile.

I felt relaxed a little seeing Adara bouncing on the trampoline,it felt okay.
Again the scene changed,I was standing in front of a shop opposite Pearl's mall. Adara was standing there in the white dress stained with blood now, this time she didn't have the smile on, it was just the blank stare.

The red stains stood out against the white dress, shocking and vivid. I wanted to run, but my feet were still frozen. And then, in a voice like shattered glass, she spoke. "Come in, Ariel. Please go with me." I felt a scream rising in my throat, but it wouldn't come out. She kept staring at me, her eyes dark and empty. I couldn't look away. "Come in."

The word hung in the air, heavy and final. Her eyes grew dark. She held out a hand, and I saw blood dripping from her fingertips. "Come in.... please," she said again, but this time it was a whisper. The darkness was rising around me, and I felt myself sinking into it. The last thing I saw was Adara's outstretched hand, and then everything went black.

I opened my eyes, and the bright sunlight streaming through the window made me squint. Ama and Ana were sitting on the bed next to me, their faces filled with concern.
"Are you okay?" Ama asked, her voice gentle and calming. "You were tossing and turning all night."
I blinked, trying to clear my head. The dream still felt so real, like it was more than just a dream. "It's nothing, I'm fine" I said, holding my head,my voice shaky.
Ana got up and walked over to the kitchen returning a few minutes later with a steaming bowl of soup.
"We made you some hangover soup," she said, placing it on the nightstand next to the bed. "It should help you feel better."
Ama nodded in agreement. "It's an old family recipe. It's supposed to have magical healing properties," she said with a wink.
I looked at the soup, my stomach rumbling. I took a spoonful and swallowed it slowly, savoring the comforting warmth. As I ate, the two watched with concern.
"What happened at the prom?" Ama asked, her voice gentle and curious.
I took a deep breath and began to explain what had happened. I told them about hitting Bryce, and how I staggered away to the empty classroom and confessed my feelings for Eshan. When I finished, there was a moment of silence.

"I think Bryce was just looking out for you," Ama said, a note of sympathy in her voice. "He didn't mean to bring up your sister."
Ana nodded in agreement. "I think he was just trying to help."
I bit my lip, feeling conflicted. "I know he didn't mean to upset me," I said. "But it still hurt."
"I understand," Ama said, reaching out to squeeze my hands.

"It's okay to feel hurt," Ana said, her voice warm and reassuring. "But I also think it's important to give Bryce the benefit of the doubt. He's been a really good friend to you."
"I know," I said, my voice quiet. "I just wish he hadn't mentioned Adara."
"I get it" Ana said her eyes sympathetic. "Now let's talk about Eshan"
I tried to change the topic but ended up choking on the soup,Ama hurriedly got up to fetch me water.

"Easy" Ana said as I gulped down the entire glass of water.
"Don't try changing the topic next time. Well, I think you should clarify your feelings with Eshan," Ama said, her brow furrowed. "It's not fair to either of you if he thinks you only like him because you were drunk. Maybe he doesn't feel the same way, but you should still be honest with him."
"Yeah,but I can't,what if he stops talking to me," I said, letting out a sigh. "I just don't know how to bring it up."
"How about a text? Just text him" Ana suggested.
"Mm,I think I'll just apologize for yesterday and not say anything if he doesn't ask"
"If that's what you want,it's fine" Ama said
"Here's your phone,text him" Ana said handing it over to me
"You sure?"
"Very,while you're doing that,I need to watch Inazuma 11,call me a child,but I remain unfazed. I'll be downstairs" Ana said walking out of the room
"Child" I and Ama mumbled before letting out a laugh. I stared at my phone and decided to text Eshan later,I replied a text my mum had sent last night and grabbed the empty bowl I just ate from with one hand and used the other to pull Ama out the room and marched downstairs, joining Ana.