ⅱ.

-un encuentro con el futuro;
curiosidad

—THE SNOW PILED UP THE ROOFS OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD, coating the place all in this glowing white solid form

—THE SNOW PILED UP THE ROOFS OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD, coating the place all in this glowing white solid form. Emilio shivered as he stared out the window, almost as if he can feel the cold rush of wind hitting his face. Turning his head slightly to look at the alarm near his bed, it's 6 in the morning and he couldn't go back to sleep. As much as he tried to imagine a weeping voice of La Llorana, also trying to recreate her figure down in the living room in hopes to spook him to go under the covers of his bed, shut his eyes and sleep... he couldn't.

Emilio stared at the ceiling with the heart-pounding awakening dream he had. This rather weird dream about him flying through the city felt quite realistic in a way, almost as if he could feel the afternoon wind go through him as he swung around the city. The ability to grasp the moment he was in some dark area as he climbed up the walls like a spider almost. Emilio found it disturbing when he clearly remembered towards the end of the dream, he was grabbed by some huge monster before falling a good 20 feet down to ground, and then all of a sudden waking up in horror.

Staring outside the door which showed the snow flakes descending from the sky, piling up snow on his balcony as he drifted into a tired gaze. He pulled his covers closer to him, attempting to go back to sleep again. It was all futile, and finally decided to get ready for the day. It was a early Saturday morning with some cars beeping and possibly hearing a crowd chant some holiday songs, and his 10th birthday.

'I forgot to do the dishes... ma is gonna kill me.' Emilio thought as he slowly trudged downstairs with no real purpose other than to do his chore and probably get himself cereal. Being the lazy kid he was at the moment, a chill coursed through his body by not wearing his socks or slippers that touched the cold tiles of the floor.

As the black haired boy walked towards the kitchen, he made eye contact with his mother who was preparing a rather large breakfast. The aroma of coffee and chocolate filled the air, and the fresh smell of bread made him feel cozy to the point of just sitting in front of the Christmas tree with the warm colors radiating throughout his surroundings.

"I know that look in your face mijo," His mother spoke quietly as he sat on the stool, setting his arms and rested his chin on the table he looked at her curiously. "Don't worry about the dishes, go back to sleep." His mother's attempt to reassure him with her calm words only made him feel the guilt.

"Sorry I didn't do it yesterday.." He mumbled, surpassing the yawn that almost slipped but managed to hold. And so for the last 10 minutes he's sat there to talk whatever was on his mind to her as she would add small comments every once in a while.

"I think right about now you should be getting ready to visit Aunt May and Peter." Alma said as she gently maneuvered the tray of cookies into the oven as Emilio perked up with curiosity.