- LY -

Amy's honorary degree was sponsored via Lucas's control.

His actual reasoning was beautifully concealed behind that degree. He needed Amy at degree level, to bring her into Interpol's HQ in Lyon. On the same day, that James was executed under IRA instructions, Andrea made Amy a counter offer to a role in journalism. The alternative; was a position with Interpol.

As the couple sat for a pre-flight drink, at Belfast Airport, Neither were aware of James's disappearance. Amy mulled over her job prospects in Journalism. Deep down she wanted that job offer from the Irish Independent. It was a matter principle. 

- Andrea voiced an alternative -

"Amy; when Lucas goes after a criminal, He is an unbelievably cunning individual. He breaks the rules to get his man...Lucas; is after you. He has a keen eye for raw potential...Amy...he wants you in as a Interpol recruit.

Amy:

"So many invitations, in a single day, but, this is more interesting....Why me?"

Andrea:

"Very easy Babes: you & Lucas are so alike, you want closure. Both of you will do anything to get results...Amy; you put your life on the line for Christy...Lucas respects that....If; if you join us, you will have access to our criminal database. Amy; you will be our digital journalist."

"The DDCO and sex trafficking networks operate with cells, Interpol can find all those cells. Amy you will get intel on the R-IRA."

Amy:

"Sweet Jesus, Interpol recruit.....Andrea, thank you."

Andrea:

"That man you met from An Phoblacht, that's Christy's uncle, Thank him & Lucas."