Chapter 9: Shopping for Baby Gurl

While the 'kids" were at their movie Heather pointed off to the nearby mall just across the plaza. "How about we spend some time over there while we wait for their movie to be over. I have the perfect idea of how to kill time."

Without questioning it Lizbeth drove the woman's van in the direction of the mall. "Sure, I'm always up for a little window shopping."

Giving the girl who had been a friend of the family for years not a mischievous look, the older woman's eyes flicked from the mall and then back to her. "Actually I was thinking. You said Blake doesn't really have anything to wear after her parents left on their trip and then she went and locked herself out of her house with her suitcase still inside. I feel bad for her and I thought she might enjoy a the surprise of a few new outfits."

Parking the vehicles Lizbeth nodded. "That is what happened, hard to believe," she had come up with the story to help explain Blake's lack of clothing. She really didn't want her boyfriend wearing her panties, him in panties was hot, but she didn't want to share an underwear drawer with him either. Over lunch she had come up with a plan to get her boyfriend out of the situation he put himself in. She would call his parents and ask if she could come over to take some of his clothes so she could mail them off to him after a mishap on the road. His parents loved her and she didn't think there would be a problem. Then she would call a few of her friends to see if they would let him crash on their couch, maybe spend a little time at one of their places and time at the other. That part of the plan she was still working out so that he didn't get in trouble with his own parents for lying to them about going on a trip. "You really don't need to do that Heather, Blake gets a bit absentminded at times and it is her own fault. She has to learn there are consequences for not thinking things through."

"Come on don't be the mean Miss Haley, be the nice Miss Liz my boys loved having around to watch them. Don't think I never noticed our ice cream containers were always a bit lighter after you watched them. Besides, what girl wants to keep wearing the same thing over and over when she will be living in the same house as the boy she is dating."

"Ice cream is a marvelous motivator for good behavior, I'm sure it is science and if there hasn't been a study on it yet then scientists are missing out on a grant to eat ice cream," Lizbeth said with a smile as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "I don't know Heather, Blake can be a bit picky about what she wears."

"Ice cream aside, you need to let me do this," The pair continued talking as they got out of the vehicle.

"I do?"

"I have two boys, both teenagers and I'm far too old to have another baby and I always imagined going shopping for a little girl. One of my little sisters is divorced and another only dates other girls. So no chance of a niece to spoil there and my younger brother... I think the longest relationship Reagan ever had was a few weeks," she rolled her eyes at the idea of her brother getting into a real relationship and even if he did knock someone up she didn't know how well things would go with his attitude toward the LGBTQ community, one that their own sister was a part of. "I can't imagine another chance like this coming around till I'm a grandmother and Liz, I'm not that patient of a person."

With a sigh Lizbeth nodded in agreement. She wasn't really against the idea of buying pretty dresses and things for Blake to wear, the idea was actually really appealing to her. She just knew he wouldn't like it. 'I will just have to be extra convincing to my little king so that he will continue to pretend to be my princess and play a game of dress up.' Turning to the older blonde woman, Lizbeth stepped in front of her, trying to walk backwards before almost losing her balance in her heels. "Okay, but only a few things."

A few things had quickly turned into having to take multiple trips back to the van to drop off bags. If they were going to shop Lizbeth figured it was only right that she contributed and wanted to get her fake charge some toiletries, things Blake hadn't even considered bringing with him with his complete and utter lack of planning. That had started with a sparkling purple toothbrush, some feminine deodorant and it quickly got out of hand, her picking up things that she had. Small bottle of anti-aging face moisturizer, a facial scrub, body lotion, body wash, a double bladed venus razor and even that spiraled into getting Blake his own makeup kit. It wasn't just Liz getting carried away, Heather picking up different things and making suggestions each step of the way hadn't helped the twenty one year old woman stop, unable to say "No, Blake doesn't wear makeup," When she already had Blake wearing some.