You'll Be in My Heart

Floyd couldn't stop holding Branch in his arms (except for the time he let Grandma Rosiepuff take him so she could change his diaper) and soon enough it was time for Baby Branch's bedtime (and their bedtime too).

Floyd: *lays Baby Branch into his crib* There you go

Floyd: *lays Baby Branch into his crib* There you go. *brushes Baby Branch's hair* Fast asleep.

Spruce: Aww, does he have to go to bed now? I just want to hold him a little bit longer.

Floyd: So do I, but Baby Branch needs his sleep.

Spruce: I know. Oh, just look at him sleeping.

Clay: Kicking his little feet and ooh, his toes are cute.

JD: Oh, we can't forget about his pacifier.

Floyd: I got it. *slowly puts pacifier into Baby Branch's mouth* There you go, Baby Branch.

Branch sucked on his pacifier in a fast way for quite a moment, humming in an adorable way in the end.

Floyd, Clay, Spruce, and JD: Awwwwwwwwww.....

Each of the brothers, including Floyd, kissed their baby brother on the forehead, including Grandma Rosiepuff who wrapped him in his dark blue blanket. They all tip-toed towards the door.....

Branch: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

JD: Hey, he cries just like you did whenever we left the room when you were a baby, Floyd.

Spruce: *runs to Baby Branch and carries him* Aww, what's wrong, little bro?

Branch: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Spruce: Ssshhhhh.....it's okay, shhhhhh......I'm here.....shhhhh.......*speaks in a smooth way* Sprucey is here.

Branch: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Floyd: I don't think he likes the way you sound, Spruce.

Spruce: What? But that's my affectionate, smooth voice. That voice always makes the girls fall for me.

Clay: Ha, you think.

Spruce: It's true.

JD: Here, let me rock him....*rocks Baby Branch* Go to sleep, go to sleep, Bitty B.

Branch: WAAAAAAAAAAA *hiccups* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Clay: Let me try. *holds Branch, pats him on the back and hums* 

Branch: WAAAAAAAA.....*burps* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Clay: Ugh, this isn't working. 

Floyd: I-I-I can sing him a song.

JD: Yeah!

Spruce: It worked before, so maybe it can work again.

Clay: Great idea. Here.

Floyd didn't hesitate as he held onto Baby Branch, rocking him, shushing, brushing his silky hair. He took a deep breath and started to sing.

🎶 Come stop your crying 🎶

🎶 It will be alright 🎶

🎶 Just take my hand 🎶

Floyd's hand held onto Baby Branch's tiny hand.

🎶 Hold it tight 🎶

🎶 I will protect you 🎶

🎶 From all around you 🎶

🎶 I will be here 🎶

🎶 Don't you cry 🎶

Baby Branch was slowly calming down, blinking at Floyd.

Spruce: It's working.

Clay: Mhm.

JD: You're doing great, Floyd. 

🎶 For one so small 🎶

🎶 You seem so strong 🎶

🎶 My arms will hold you 🎶

🎶 Keep you safe and warm 🎶

Floyd gently hugged Baby Branch. 

🎶 This bond between us 🎶

🎶 Can't be broken 🎶

🎶 I will be here 🎶

🎶 Don't you cry 🎶

Floyd felt like it was just him and Branch in the room by themselves as he rocked his baby brother from side to side, closing his eyes.

🎶 'Cause you'll be in my heart 🎶

🎶 Yes, you'll be in my heart 🎶

🎶 From this day on 🎶

🎶 Now and forever more 🎶

Baby Branch hummed while Floyd finished singing.

🎶 You'll be in my heart 🎶

🎶 No matter what they say 🎶

🎶 You'll be here in my heart always 🎶

🎶 Always 🎶

Floyd opened his eyes to find that his brothers tip-toeing out of the room and Baby Branch cuddled with him, making him smile and close to crying. Okay, the tears came pretty quickly. Baby Branch yawned and slowly fell fast asleep. Wiping away the tears, Floyd put his baby brother back into the crib.

Floyd: I love you, Branch. *kisses him on the forehead* Always.