Chapter I

FERRY'S  POV

"Sir, we have arrived."  The driver said and opened the door for me. I was shocked after seeing the school I was in.

What kind of place is this?

"You can go straight to your room, sir. I'll go to the office to settle your documents for transferring here."  The driver said to me and left.

I'm scared not because I'm a coward, but because the Academy's vibe is not my type. I was like in horror or haunted Schools. Not only that, but I was standing in the center of the school's quadrangle in gloomy weather with a black umbrella I was holding under the wild rain!

It's so quiet, and it scares the heck out of me. What kind of place is this? Does my father mistakenly pick some place for me?

As I walked with my head down for the reason of avoiding eye contact with whoever it was that got in my way. I am so afraid, but I need to be calm because I only have myself here. I don't know where's my driver and honestly speaking, I don't know this entire place, I can't even say if this is a school or what. Heaven knows I'm scared! I might pee in my pants.

My thought left my mind when I bumped into someone. I didn't lose my balance and shockingly looked up to see who the person I bumped with.

"Are you human?"  A cold voice surprised me and almost caused me to faint in fear.

What the heck? In my entire life, I have never bumped into a person with a dominant aura!

"Y-yes…!" I stammered. I want to run and hide. Call me a coward but in this kind of place, I won't dare anything!

"Are you lost?" He asked while looking at me intently.
As I gazed at his cold expression, I realized that I didn't want to trouble myself with this type of person. He has pale white skin and if I'm not mistaken, those two teeth that were showing off were his fangs!

I shivered at the thought of vampires but shook my head immediately before answering his question.

"Yes, I am lost,"  I answered with a straight voice not giving him a hint of cowardliness like I was a second ago. Damn! It's impossible to have vampires here. Maybe I am just overreacting. Sighed.

"Okay. I can help you find your way" he said giving me a creepy smile and showing his fangs even more.  Damn! Is that fake or real?

He started walking and I followed him behind. As I observed all the rooms we passed by, some of them were peeking to see me or smiled at me wearing their creepiest smile. What the fuck did I get myself into?

I was trembling in fear as we walked and stopped in front of a room. The guy who helped me left after giving a word to a teacher.

"Oh, it's you, Mr. Vladimir! I've been waiting for your arrival since yesterday." The teacher said, getting my attention. She smiled at me. As I checked her appearance if she was weird like the man who helped me, but she was not. She's normal.

"Don't worry, they are harmless." She added. I sighed in relief. I thought I was going to end here.

The teacher stepped aside to let me enter the room. As I entered, everyone was quiet. Everyone is looking intently at me. As the same gloomy atmosphere welcomes me, everyone looks...thirsty.  Am I imagining or hallucinating?

"Class! Hold yourself H-haha…" the teacher said breaking the tension with her awkward voice.

"Ma'am, can I have him for dinner--?" One of the female students said, but her words got cut by the teacher, answering her back.

"NO! Now, please shut up," she said with a stern voice. The girl got scared and hid her face. She was really scared...why?  For me, it is normal to be scolded by a teacher but this....something is not right or maybe it is just my thought.

"Mr. Vladimir, I asked forgiveness for Ms. Young's attitude." She said. I smiled to tell her that it was okay. Who knows maybe this school is just fond of scary movies or just making their school unique from others so that many will be interested in coming to this school.

I shook my head for being so cowardly and dumb. If that's so then maybe I can act like them too. I shouldn't be scared of them because they are like me, a human being. Maybe they put a lot of effort into their pale skins, creepy smiles, and unrealistic fangs. Maybe I got it wrong in the first place. I got the wrong impression about this school.

"Mr. Vladimir, please sit at the back, we only have one chair left available." The teacher said while pointing to the chair near the window. I nodded and said thank you, and walked to the said chair for me.

I sat beside the window and was confused while looking at the vacant one beside me. She said there is only one available, but why is there another vacant chair? Was the owner absent from today's class? A sudden voice interrupted my deep thoughts.

"If you want my chair, we can exchange"

A cold yet soft voice disturbed my whole nervous system. The voice is so angelic yet cold. I looked at that person who spoke just now.  I thought my soul left me when I saw the person standing beside the vacant chair next to me. I was shocked and at the same time felt something strange, but how can a school have this kind of beauty?

Pale skin again… All of them have pale skin but hers is something not as bad as the others. It looks natural and smooth. Her eyes are like gold. It's so stunning yet cold, her hair is kinda curly and to some of it all, she has a real beauty!

"Drooling is a sin, Mr. Vladimir," she said and smiled.
Before I could hurt myself for letting her see that, she said something that left me shocked and confused...

"I've Been waiting for you."