Chapter V

FERRY's POV

It has been one week since my arrival at this educational institution, and regrettably, my knowledge about this place remains incomplete. Kathy, who frequently visits me in my dormitory, is the person with whom I share the closest bond, yet she has not provided me with comprehensive information about this establishment. Despite the passage of a week, I have yet to receive any communication from my father. Additionally, I have attempted to leave this location, however, I have observed the absence of any cars in close proximity. My investigations have yielded no clues or hints. Consequently, aside from Kathy, I have refrained from establishing any additional friendships.

I currently find myself within my dormitory, peering out of my window onto the obscure street outside. The time is already 9 PM, and slumber eludes me. Unfortunately, my circumstances prevent me from venturing outside in order to explore and investigate further. Frustrated with my circumstances, I let out a sigh and prepare to depart, but my attention is swiftly captured by the sight of an individual walking on the street. It is a young lady; however, her face remains concealed as she is not facing in my direction.

A powerful gust of wind gently tousles her hair. The scene unfolds in a cinematic slow motion, exuding a potent yet serene aura. She assumes the role of a keen observer, taking in her surroundings until her gaze abruptly meets mine. Overwhelmed by astonishment, I am paralyzed with shock. Once again, her eyes glow a vivid red, evoking an intense sensation of her piercing glare. In haste, I rush to the window, gripping the blinds tightly to shield myself from her presence. Trembling, I find solace by seating myself upon the bed, attempting to restore my composure..

"Oh God! I might die here." I murmured. My night wasn't that good. I stayed up all night because of the fear that she might come and kill me.

I was tired and sleepy as I went to my classroom. Great. I'm late! As I entered the room, the teacher called my name so I stopped walking and faced her with a tired face.

"Mr. Vladimir? Why are you late?" The teacher asked. How will I answer? Is it valid to reason out when the weird things here are just normal for them? I shrugged and sighed. I can feel their gazes on me.

"Mr. Vladimir?" she called me again.

Before I could speak, another teacher interrupted and was looking for our teacher. She sighed and told me to sit down before going to the other teacher who was waiting for her outside the door. I sat down and my mind was occupied again. I was thinking about what happened last night. Those eyes... It's red. Bloody red. Why is it red? Why is her aura so strong?

"Tired?"

I looked at the person who spoke to me. It's her again... Those golden eyes are so mesmerizing. Well, of all the people here, she's the only one who has those eyes.

"N-No," I answered and was a bit nervous. She tilted her head and stared at me like she was going to say something.

"The president told us to dismiss the class. Everyone, please have a rest and enjoy the day." The teacher said that left me in shock. The students were so happy about the announcement and immediately went out of our classroom.

"Have a rest," she said and stood up, ready to go but before she left the room, she looked at me once and smiled which made my heart shock. It's so rare for her to smile. Even my classmates pretended that she never existed because she was so quiet and unfriendly. I was left alone in our room.

I must be crazy. I shrugged and went to the cafeteria for breakfast. After several minutes, I decided to wander the entire school since it was vacant. I sat beside the huge tree I saw. The surroundings were wide and there were a lot of plants there. Maybe, this is the best place to relax.

I was in deep sleep when a voice interrupted my mind.

'Go back now. It's late.'

As soon as I heard a voice in my head, my eyes automatically widened. I looked around nervously, hoping to see the person who spoke to me. But as I realized, there was no one else in the room except for me. I started to think that maybe I was going crazy for hearing things inside my head. It was a confusing and unsettling experience.

I was taken aback by the rapidly approaching darkness as I gazed up at the sky. Reacting promptly, I proceeded to return to the dormitory, momentarily forgetting about the peculiar nature of this institution.

As I hastened my way back, I inadvertently collided with an individual with considerable force. Upon raising my gaze, I encountered two gentlemen who appeared to be sniffing the air, seemingly attracted by the scent of food. My knees now tremble involuntarily as I entertain the unsettling notion that they might consume me, inflict harm upon me, or worse yet, that the president might apprehend and doom us all.

"Did you smell that?" The tall guy asked. He almost closed his eyes while smelling something in the air. I trembled in fear.

"It's coming from him. Looks delicious." The other one commented. I gulped in fear.

"He's human," said the first guy. I never expected to see them act so strange and speak like monsters!

"I-I'm going now. It's dark already--"

"Why are you so scared in the dark?" The tall man asked as he stepped towards me, sending chills down my spine and causing me to tremble even more.

I took a step back while keeping my eyes fixed on them. I don't want to die in this darkness. I have no idea how to escape from them.

I was taken aback as I saw their eyes gradually turning red. In disbelief, I thought to myself, 'Is this real? A monster?' As I was about to scream, the two guys in front of me suddenly dropped down, lifeless. It all happened so quickly, but it felt like time had slowed down, and I couldn't fully comprehend what had just occurred.

Their heads are detached from their bodies. Blood was dripping out, and my mind went black. I don't know how to react. It was like I was deaf for a moment.

I sat down on the floor slowly, feeling afraid and uncertain. I still couldn't comprehend what had just happened. Thunder is so loud that I can't even hear my heartbeats.

Before I lost my sanity, I saw a girl in the distance. She had red, bloody eyes and long, wavy hair. She stood there looking at me. I was about to say something when I saw her hands snap, and suddenly I fell into a deep sleep.