Chapter VI

I awoke this morning feeling the weight of fatigue in my head. Strangely enough, I could not recall the events of the previous night. I can affirm that I did not consume any alcoholic beverages, so why do I experience symptoms akin to a hangover? In an attempt to clear my mind, I vigorously shook my head and let out a deep sigh.

As the day progressed, the time for school arrived. Unfortunately, my stomach now grumbles in hunger, causing discomfort. Frustration sets in as I swiftly make my way to the bathroom, where I spend an excessive amount of time. In this moment, I yearn for nothing more than to remain in the tranquility of my dormitory. However, duty calls, and I must attend my classes. Amidst my activities, I retain hope for my father's impending call, as I yearn for an explanation.

After everything of my preparation for school; I head to the cafeteria to grab some food before heading to our class. I was walking when I heard whispers. I ordered and paid for my food before sitting in a chair on the edge of the cafeteria.

I was silently eating when I heard the whispers they were making.

"Have you heard it? The president killed two students last night." The girl whispered to her friend but I accidentally eavesdropped.

Killed? Last night? Is she that brutal?!

I trembled while listening to their whispers. I immediately finished my food and headed to the classroom. The class already started, but I don't give a damn. I entered the room and halted when I saw the lady again with gold eyes. She's sitting like a boss beside my chair. I cleared my throat and sat beside her like she was not scary today.

As much as I want to adore her beautiful face, I can't let myself relax with the fact that two students died last night! And it seems that it was normal for them. No police, no dismissal of classes because of what happened, and for Pete's sake, they acted so normal! I know it wasn't a play anymore. This school is a freaking hell!

"Anyways, I need to remind you guys that later is a full moon. I need you to prepare and never go out within that time. The safer place is your dormitory." She said between her discussions. Now, I'm freaking sure that something is wrong with this place! Fuck.

"That would satisfy my bloodlust." I heard my classmate say to her seatmate who just chuckled.

'I won't be kind next time.'

Here it is again! A voice in my head. Who's talking?! I looked at the girl who was now sleeping during class.

"Tired?" I asked her. She didn't respond. I sighed and just focused on the front. The teacher is still discussing her lesson.

After the class, I followed my seatmate and until now I still didn't know her name. She's fast.

"Hey! I want to talk to you--"

"Get back now! Time is running." She said without looking at me and just continued heading to nowhere. Fuck. As I look around, the surroundings are not familiar to me anymore.

"I just wanna know what will happen during the full moon," I asked but she's already far from me... Meters away! Before I could lose hope, she halted. It seemed like she heard me from a distance.

"Just keep yourself safe. The rule is... Never be curious." She said and left me dumbfounded. Fuck. She isn't shouting but why did I hear her from a distance?! She heard me and I heard her, too, like she was so near to me! My heartbeats started to race again.

"Who are you..." I asked the air as I saw no trace of her. She's nowhere to be found.

I had already consumed my evening meal upon my arrival at my dormitory. I gazed upon the sight of the complete moon outside my window. As I observed the fleeting shadows, intermittent tremors overtook me. Their rapid movement eluded my vision in the blink of an eye.

Just as I was about to cast my gaze once more upon the outdoors, an untamed creature - more aptly described as a monster with fangs - revealed its deranged state while fixating its attention upon me. It sought to gain entry and feast upon me! Fear struck me to the core, nearly compelling me to release a scream. What on earth was happening?

A vampire? His eyes possessed a crimson hue, and his fangs were prominently displayed! It appeared as if he had relinquished control, assuming the demeanor of a ravenous creature! Alas! It appears that he is also a student at this institution!

"Blood! I want your blood!" He said.

I felt a surge of fear engulf me as I witnessed his attempt to forcefully enter. Thankfully, the window's solid construction prevented his intrusion. Overwhelmed by terror, I was on the verge of shedding tears. Hastily, I retreated from the window and sought refuge in hiding. The situation was dire, as not one, but three vampires were persistently trying to breach my sanctuary.

Tears streamed down my face as I helplessly observed the wild vampires' relentless assault. My emotions overwhelmed me, leaving me in a state of desperation. Does my father possess knowledge of these events? Why did he choose to send me into a world of monsters? Does his disdain for me run so deep? My heart writhed in agony with these thoughts.

Suddenly, a loud groan snapped me out of my reverie. And there she was, that mysterious girl once again. She effortlessly eliminated the vampires that threatened my safety. Time seemed to stand still as I watched her decapitate them. Her eyes, an intense shade of crimson resembling freshly drawn blood, emitted a faint glow. Her appearance was captivating, from her flawless physique to her long wavy hair. It was truly astounding.

Seconds elapsed, causing the mysterious girl who aided me repeatedly to vanish. The vampires at the windows ceased to exist as well. A moment of breathlessness overcame me, and I compelled myself to rise from the bed, forcing sleep upon myself. Despite shaking with the knowledge that the ordeal is far from finished, I must make an effort to rest and disregard the turmoil outside.

Growls echo in the background, and I strive not to be distracted by them. I shift to the other side of the bed, averting my gaze from the window. It feels as though I am ensnared within a realm of monsters! How might I escape this predicament? Can I even succeed in doing so? What if I fail to free myself? How will I reach out to my father? I find myself unable to suppress my tears. I am helpless in this place; it seems that my destiny may be to perish here.

I was on the verge of shedding tears when I suddenly became aware of crimson eyes emitting a glow from the periphery of my room. This elicited a strong emotion of shock and confusion. I attempted to rise, but found myself incapable of mobilizing my body. It was as though I had been rendered immobile and powerless, despite repeated efforts to engage my muscles. Furthermore, I discovered that I had lost the ability to speak. I fixated my gaze upon the aforementioned red eyes, which appeared to remain in place. Due to the darkness, I was unable to discern whether the entity they belonged to was a human, a vampire, or perhaps a feral creature. Its form remained concealed, with only the eyes being discernible.

To exacerbate matters, the room was devoid of illumination. I was perturbed by the presence of this intruder and questioned how they had gained access to my room. Throughout the night, I found myself unable to succumb to slumber due to the terrorizing nature of the encounter. Paradoxically, as I continued to gaze into those crimson eyes, it seemed to offer a semblance of solace, allowing me to momentarily disregard the pandemonium that ensued outside.

Before I finally closed my eyes to sleep, it seemed that I heard her again in my mind.

'I'll keep you safe. You may now rest.'