15, Supermarket

Danielle's POV:

The diet of a K-pop idol is really strict and boring. That is to say, usually, juices, salads, and vegetables would be an optimized option for us. There are days when I'm too busy to cook for myself, or if I do, my cooking skills aren't too good.

Kang Haerin caused my eating habits to change dramatically. Before that, I had an eating disorder. Some days I didn't eat anything, only when I was tired did, I realize. But now, except for the cooking days at my house, Haerin carefully prepares dinner for me and brings it through the company. She always knows how to use the freshest ingredients, minimizing calories but still maintaining deliciousness. Haerin always remembered the food I told her I liked and cooked for me, sometimes nagging me to eat more, including the green vegetables.

"Danielle, you're out of food, I will go to the supermarket for a bit," Haerin said from the kitchen.

"Or can I come with you?"

Before I became an idol, I had always loved going to the supermarket. There I could buy almost everything, or simply discover new items I had never seen before. But with my position now, it's becoming quite annoying. Sometimes fans recognize me. Sometimes they were Bunnies, sometimes they were Saesang fans. Times like this became traumatic, and I crave privacy more than ever.

That discomfort seemed to be eased by Kang Haerin. From the very first meeting, the way she cared for me and respected me actually made me feel somewhat more secure, that there was still a kind of affection, whether intense or gentle, that was not selfish at all. Even though she knew my home address, she didn't come to me even once, or use the excuse of the jacket to contact me, even though she had the right. Kang Haerin really let me decide regardless of the reason. Ridiculously, in my life, when it comes to my hair color sometimes, I am not even allowed by my manager to decide.

"Let's go, the supermarket probably won't be very crowded now," Haerin agreed.

It's been a long time since I've been so excited. Actually, at this time the supermarket is not crowded, I also feel a little more comfortable, although I am also wearing a hat and facemask now, it is difficult to notice. After buying enough vegetables and meat for a week, Haerin pulled me over to the snack stand.

"When you don't feel ok, what do you eat? I mean, what's your comfort food?"

I looked around the counter for a while, all kinds of sweets, all of which looked very eye-catching and delicious. But to answer this question is difficult. When things aren't right, I usually lock myself in my room, so I don't really know what my comfort food is.

Haerin seemed to understand something, taking a large number of snacks at a time. She does occasionally rule out cakes, maybe because they're too sweet or because they're too spicy — something I don't like.

"I'll take all of the delicious snacks, let's try it. What you feel comfortable eating is your comfort food. It's good to learn more about things you like from time to time."

All...? Haerin was almost filling the trolley...

Seeing my helpless expression, Haerin joked:

"Rest assured, I'll be your sugar daddy. The great director will provide everything for Danielle Marsh." - She teased

Of course, it's a joke, but it could also be true. But again, I felt like I was falling in love with Kang Haerin once again as if we were high school students in the same class and went to the supermarket. Of course, money is no longer an issue, but I also want to be pampered by Kang Haerin like that, just me.

I realized that sometimes I would like to ask Haerin to buy me something, like a hairpin. Kang Haerin is not a person who has a habit of extravagant spending, but bad at such times, she not only buys one or two, but dozens, all kinds of designs that I cannot choose.