47.

R O O H 

I don't know when I was this happy. Vidyut gave me all happiness in a day. I knew he got my grandmother’s plot, but I was unaware that he had fixed everything. The garden can't forget that he planted those plants, and he added a small lake which has two lotuses.

Not only did he bring this place back to life, but also gave me the most beautiful gift, which was an NGO in my grandmother's name. I felt like I would cry and smile at the same time.

Even if Dadi isn't alive, her warmth is still here. This place still has the power to calm me from everything. All stress, including that stalker. I did see my bodyguards outside the territory, and I am not going to complain about it.

Vidyut proposed to me and how badly I wanted to confess my feelings, but I simply couldn't ruin my plan. Just a little more and then I will confess my feelings.

Vidyut walks inside our room wearing pants and a vest with a tray in his hand. “You seem to be in a good mood. Mr. Suryawanshi.” He placed the tray on the table and I got a close look at the breakfast.
Pancakes.

“I am.” I smiled at his words. “Va bene," I spoke in Italian, making him chuckle. “So you are actually taking classes?” I nodded before jumping from the bed as Vidyut grabbed a shirt from the wardrobe.
(That's good)

“You don't translate those sentences, so of course I had to.” Vidyut was about to wear his shirt when I hugged him. I am in love with him. With his smell. “Then I guess I should learn another language.” I closed my eyes, hugging him as he held my hand.

“Why?” I murmured.

“So I can flirt with you easily without getting caught.” We laughed together and I pulled away. “You are such a flirt,” I spoke before hitting his arm playfully.

“Now that's a compliment. Now go and get freshen up.” I nodded at his words before my eyes landed on his shoulder. That mark.

PAST: 1.5 MONTHS AGO
It was a normal night, my wounds have filled, but my mind was still filled with fear. Vidyut who is sitting beside me, takes my hand in his, making me shift my gaze from the sky to him.

My eyes fell on his shoulder, that mark was peeking out of his vest, and I was curious to know about it. “How did you get that mark?” I asked him, and suddenly, his fingers stopped stocking my knuckles. He looked at me and I gestured to the mark on his shoulder. “It seems as if it was deep.”

“I was bullied when I was a kid.” my heart dropped hearing those words, and Vidyut continued stocking my knuckles.

“The jacket I wore that day was my birthday present. Maa gifted it to me. It was my favorite not because it belonged to a luxurious brand, but because it was gifted by my mumma. I thought they wouldn't bully me after they drowned me. I barely survived that day. All thanks to a betrayer.” He paused, his eyes were pinned to my hand, and slowly he lifted his face to look at me.

I knew Vidyut was in a boarding school, but I didn't know that he was a victim of bullying. “That day I regretted wearing my present, especially when Rakshit got his eyes on my jacket. He wanted it and when I refused to give it to them–” he paused and something sparkling slid down his eyes.

“He ruined my jacket with a knife while I was wearing this jacket, and that's when I got this mark. I still remember how his minions held my hand while he warmed the knife on the lighter before he pierced my jacket and my shoulder.” I lifted my other hand and wiped his tears, and he simply smiled.