Chapter Eight

I guess he was expecting me to tell him why I was crying like this, and, to be honest, I thought that I was finally ready to open up. And with that, I might as well spare him the trauma of living with my mom.

Just as I was about to open my mouth about my family problems, I realized that if he found out what type of woman Emilia is, he might leave her, and I might never get to see Daniel ever again. I would be left lonely and sad yet again. I didn't want that.

As selfish as it was, I was planning on keeping Daniel to myself, even if it was just for some time before he realized what devil he was in love with and decides to dump the bitch.

"I..." I didn't know what to say. He just stayed silent and looked me deep into my eyes. It was making me uncomfortable. I hate the silence. I needed to come up with some basic-ass lie that he is bound not to believe. "Work. Work has been stressing me out a lot lately." That wasn't true at all. I loved my work. In fact, I loved it so much because I got to be away from my family while I was working. I was the best employee that they ever had.

I knew he didn't believe a word of what I was saying, but it was enough for him to nod his head.

"Alright," said Daniel. "If you ever need to talk to someone or just cry even," the hairs on my back and hands rose as he said that word. Cry. "Know that I'm here for you, okay?"

"...Okay," I replied. I was looking forward to spending time with Daniel, even if that meant humiliating myself in front of him. I felt blood rush to my face as I realized what I had done.

"I... I'm going to sleep. Good night," I said hurriedly. I was half waiting and expecting him to stop me for whatever reason, but he didn't.

"Good night," he said back.

After I arrived in my bed, I just fell like a cut tree. I was so exhausted. I can't keep going on like this. Why did I fucking do that? Why did that have to happen to me? I get that Daniel is a good guy, but that doesn't mean that I can just use him to substitute for the love my father never gave me. I can't accept that. I'll just end up hurt and disappointed in the end. It's not worth it to even try.

Thankfully, the insomnia wasn't as bad as it was before now; I could feel it. The crying really took whatever little bit of energy was left in my body.

I covered myself, and I don't remember falling asleep, which means I must have been knocked out pretty fast.

I have no idea what the day tomorrow is going to bring. I have no idea how I am going to face Daniel. I can only hope for the best.

Author's Note: Another update, guys! I am sorry to inform you, but as you might have noticed, I will only be updating this book on Fridays. I know that 500 words a week may not be a lot, but the fact that I am managing to write even just that is a wonder for me. Next time I try to write a book, I will try to finish most of the book before I publish it, so that when I made a schedule I can actually follow it!

Thank you for understanding! <3