Prologue: Emmett

You know when you have a horrible day and there are these fake people monkeying around and acting like greasers in the 90s, well, today was horrible. One, I got a C-minus for a history quiz. Two, my head got dunked in the bathroom over bumping into some idiotic jock.

And three, oh great three, Eden Engel is giving me the most spiteful, smug, look as if she suddenly ended world hunger. Why, because the girl became the school topper in Advance Placement (AP) History and I wanted to ram that smile into my pickup truck.

That girl is as snobby as the rest of that pretentious family. I hate her, I hate her more than my own father, she is the reason why every day I wake up and start hyperventilating. I then saw someone snatch the piece of paper I was holding in my hand with the grade.

Someone with a mean voice mockingly said, "Oh, look the nerd got a C-minus, maybe he would cry himself to sleep, or get his mommy to comfort him."

A loud crowd of people burst into laughter and I looked up to see a blonde-haired, green-eyed, girl with green ribbons in her hair and looking coldly at me, no trace of the warmth I remembered seeing as a kid.

Then, a flurry of memories rushed into my mind and I started hyperventilating and I gasped and fainted, while breathing the girl's name, "Eden-why?"