Chapter 1:Eden

I looked in shock as Emmett collapsed and looked pale. Everyone gasped and I let out a dry chuckle and said, "Well folks, he obviously cannot take the fact that someone like me could take his spot, so goodbye."

I hobbled on my green high heels with Courtney Doux, my best friend hooting her butt off and saying, "Girly pop, you are mean, giving the poor kid a fainting spell." while she sucked on a bubblegum lollipop.

I looked at Courtney and said, "Come on, Emmett did that to embarrass me because he could not handle the fact that I beat him at the only thing he was good at." I rolled my eyes and went home.

Courtney muttered something but I ignored it. I then drove home. When I got home, I saw my father and I showed him the AP history quiz. When I got home, I showed it to my father, hoping he would be proud. When I showed it to him, he looked at me coldly and said, "Your brother got straight As and a scholarship to Harvard, why can't you be like him Eden?"

His words were like an ax to my heart but I sucked it up and just nodded and left. Then, I heard someone laughing, and it was Malcom, my older brother.

He was laughing his butt off, mocking me by saying, "You think Dad would be proud of you that you did well in one quiz, the only reason why you are a topper now was because Dad told you to break your friendship with that guy."

That was when I pushed him into the wall and asked, "Do you think I don't know that? You think I don't regret doing it?" I started sobbing but Malcom brushed me off and said to me, "Relax Eden, and work out, you need to get rid of those pounds."

I started to cry even more but he left me, I rushed to my room to control my breathing, I went to the bathroom and stuck my throat down and started puking in the bathroom. I then found duct tape and started taping my waist until I could not breath and my legs.

The next day I went to school, then principal Mr Garcia yelled, "Eden Engel, go to the principal's office now."

People looked at me as if I did something criminally wrong and when I got there, I saw Emmett and I was thinking, 'Oh no!?'

Mr Garcia said to me, "Eden, take a seat." I pulled a chair and sat there. Mr Garcia said, "Now, you are probably wondering why you are here."

I nodded and he said, "That's because you bullied Mr Franks here." He indicated to Emmett and I was fuming with anger. I then started doing what I did best, begging,

I said to Mr Franks, "Please, please don't put this on my permanent record, I'll do anything." Mr Garcia said, "We have a strict policy of-." I then brandished a hundred dollar note and he said, "On second thought, this would be removed, you two are dismissed." I breathed a sigh of relief and Emmett glared at me as we left.