Chapter 2: Emmett

I stormed up to Eden and asked, "Why did you do that?" She looked at me and asked, "Why did you do that?" I looked at her and said, "First of all, Jackson, my new best friend, reported you, not me and secondly, why did you have to bribe Mr Garcia, you can easily bribe anyone you want, even any college scout."

She looked up at me with a smirk and said, "You're too soft, Franks, I just did what I had to do." She then sashayed to class. God, she is irritating. I then went to History and I sat next to Courtney Doux. Well that was just great, Eden's best friend.

She looked at me and gave a warm smile, she was known as the sweetest kid in East High and people wondered why she and Eden are friends.

The teacher said, "So, you and your tablemate will be partners for your project on plant genetics." Courtney smiled and extended her hand, saying in a sweet tone, "Courtney." I slapped it and said, "Enough games, Courtney, why are you being nice to me? Your best friend is my so-called nemesis."

She sighed and handed me the sheets with a pink note: Here are the notes and listen, Eden regrets the shit she put you through yesterday, I'm like you, I can read what people are feeling, +1-202-555-0150 if you want more information.

I really did not want to mix with someone like Courtney so I did what any logical person would do, I copied her number on the blank piece of paper and stood on the table during lunch and screamed, "Who wants Courtney's number for twenty bucks?"

Eden and Courtney saw me, Eden looked pissed and whispered something to Courtney. I just smirked but Courtney seemed calm. She then went up to me and spilled her ice coffee on my white blouse.

Her voice was brimming with rage and she said, "Why'd you give my number to people?" I just smirked and said sarcastically, "Who cares?"

She then smirked back and said, "Well maybe you, that was not my number, that is a fake number you tried to sell, oh and look over here." I looked and saw Eden recording this on her cellphone.

I then tried to snatch it away but Eden said, "Oh Emmett, this was on live." Then people started laughing and I just ran out.

As I walked home after school, Jackson caught up and said, "Well, at least you are famous." I snorted and said, "Famous for the wrong reasons, I didn't even want to give that number."

Jackson looked bemused and asked, "Then why did you?" I muttered, "Because I knew they were playing a game that I was caught in." Jackson just laughed.

I asked him, "What's so funny?" He coughed out a laugh and asked, "Wasn't Eden the one who said you and her should never be friends?"

I nodded. He said, "Well, it's funny that they would bully you if she did not want to be your friend." I nodded and said, "Well, girls are weird and I know that."