𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:❝︎You're Not That Dumb❞︎

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
❝︎You're Not That Dumb❞︎

TWO WEEKS AND CLINT STILL WASN'T BACK. Theo didn't know where he was or what he was doing, but she knew that he was alright. He'd managed to find time to call her and tell her he was alright and she'd felt more at peace knowing he was okay. When Theo woke up the next morning, the immediate urge to throw up last nights dinner came over her. She ran into the bathroom, emptying her stomach and leaning over the toilet for a moment. A groan fell from her lips, mouth and throat dry.

Immediately, she laid back down, not wanting to get up. Another wave of sickness washed over her and she found herself running back into the bathroom, throwing up her already empty stomach. She wondered what had made her so sick. It had to have been something that she ate the night before. She made her way into the small kitchen, grabbing herself some water and quickly drinking it to keep herself hydrated. She wanted to eat something, but she had a feeling that if she did that she would immediately throw it back up. She walked back into her bathroom, grabbing a thermometer and checking her temperature.

"No fever," Theo noted. She sighed, putting the thermometer back before walking into her room and sitting on the edge of the bed. After throwing up she did feel a little better. She didn't bother moving when the door could be heard opening.

"Honey, I'm home." Clint's voice made her turn her head. She listened as he set his things down and took off his shoes. When Clint noticed Theo didn't respond, a frown fell on his face. "Theo?" He walked into the bedroom and stopped when he saw her lying there. She offered him a small smile and he immediately crawled under the covers, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I wouldn't get too close." Theo mumbled, her eyes never leaving his face.

"Why's that?"

"Just got sick. Don't want to get you sick too."

Clint smiled at her and pulled her closer. "Well, I don't care." Theo smiled and closed her eyes, falling back asleep.

When Clint had to leave again a few days later, Theo found herself alone in her room once again. She also discovered that every morning she found herself getting sick, once again never having a fever. She made her way out of her room and went in search for Eloise. When she found her in the cafeteria, Theo took a seat beside of her. Eloise greeted her with a nod and continued to eating her food.

Theo frowned before looking at her friend. "I keep waking up and immediately getting sick in the mornings. No fever, nothing." Eloise choked on her food, coughing violently before drinking her water and clearing her throat. Eloise looked at her with wide eyes. Theo frowned in confusion. "What?"

Eloise looked at her with raised eyebrows. "Theo, you can't be serious right now." Theo just continued to stare at her. "You're not that dumb."

"I didn't come here for you to insult me."

Eloise rolled her eyes. "Theo, you're pregnant."

Theo frowned. "What? No I'm not."

"The morning sickness? Had any weird cravings lately? Body aches? When was your last period?"

"Well it was supposed to start last week but never did." Theo said before her eyes widened. "Oh my God. Oh shit. El, what do I do?"

"Well before you panic and tell Clint, you need to confirm it first." She stood up and Theo watched her. "Come on." Theo stood up and followed after her. They drove to a store, grabbing a pregnancy test before heading back to the base. They went to Theo's bathroom and Eloise stood outside and waited. When Theo was done, having done two extras for good measure, she walked out.

"Okay, now what do we do?"

"We wait."

And so they waited. The two friends sat on the bed, waiting for the timer they set to go off. When it finally did, Theo let out a shaky breath. She looked at Eloise, unsure. Eloise gave her a reassuring smile, placing a hand on her shoulder. They stood up and entered the bathroom. Theo was too scared to look. She didn't know what she was going to do if it were the truth. If she was being honest, she didn't know if she was ready. Her parents were never the best--they weren't cruel, but they'd always treated her as an outsider, especially because of her gift. It's not that Theo didn't want to be mother, because she did, she was just scared that she wouldn't be a good mom.

"You look." Theo said, keeping her eyes away from the tests, instead focusing on the wall in front of her.

Eloise did as she asked and reached for the three tests, holding them in her hands as she looked at the results before a sigh left her lips. "Well, it's true. You're gonna be a mama."

Theo turned to look at her and Eloise showed her the tests. All three of them were positive. Theo closed her eyes as she felt tears surface. "What am I gonna do, Eloise?"

"Well, the next step is to usually tell the father." Eloise paused. "It is Clint. . . right?"

Theo narrowed her eyes. "Of course it is."

"Alright, then what are you really asking me?"

Theo bit the inside of her cheek. "What if he doesn't want to be a dad?"

Eloise laughed. "Theo, really? Come on. Do you even know Clint? He's always wanted a family of his own. He would be over joyed at the news." She walked closer to Theo, setting the tests down on the sink. "He would be a wonderful father. And you. . . you, my dear best friend, would be an amazing mother."

Theo looked at her before she burst in tears. Eloise pulled her in for a hug, giving her comfort as she let her cry into her shirt. Eloise new how much Theo's world was about to change. What Eloise also knew was that Theo was an amazing person, and she would do anything for anyone, especially if she had kids on her own. Eloise knew that she would be an wonderful mother without a single doubt roaming her mind.

 Eloise knew that she would be an wonderful mother without a single doubt roaming her mind