𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:❝︎We're Going To Be Parents❞︎

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
❝︎We're Going To Be Parents❞︎

THEODORA KNOX WAS NERVOUS TO SAY THE LEAST.  She had absolutely no idea how she was going to tell Clint. She'd been pacing back and forth all day, trying to figure out the best way to bring it up. She didn't know how he was going to react. Was it too soon? They weren't even married. What if he didn't want to be a dad? Theo was trying her very best not to panic. Clint was supposed to come back today, and ever much convincing from Eloise, Theo had finally agreed that she would tell him as soon as she saw him.

The sound of the door being unlocked made her freeze. Quickly, before the door opened, she bolted into the bathroom and locked herself inside it. She sat on the closed toilet lid and stared at the wall. She could hear Clint calling for her. She closed her eyes, not responding. She didn't understand why this was so difficult. She wasn't exactly upset with the situation, but she wasn't extremely happy either. The sound of knocking on the door made her glance up.

     "Theo, honey, you in there?"

     Theo cleared her throat. "Uh, yeah. Just a second." She flushed the toilet and washed her hands before opening the door and offering him the best smile she could muster. "How did it go?"

     Clint shrugged his shoulders. "The usual." Noticing something off about her, a frown immediately decorated his lips. "Hey, you okay?"

     Theo closed her eyes and sighed. "No. Not really." She pulled away from him and moved to sit on the bed. Clint turned to face her, his arms crossing over his chest. Theo ran a hand through her hair, feeling the test in her pocket.

     "Theo, you're starting to scare me." Clint said with a slight chuckle.

Theo let out another sigh before digging in her pocket and grabbing the test, she pulled it from her pocket and held it out to him. She didn't say anything. Clint took the test from her hand, looking at her, before looking down at the test in his hands. Theo sat there nervously as she patiently waited for Clint to say something, anything. 

     "Are you sure?" Clint asked. Theo nodded. And then something happened that she wasn't expecting a wide smile bloomed on his face as he happily laughed.

     Theo frowned, standing up. "You're not upset?"

     "Upset? How could I ever be upset?" He placed his hands on her shoulders. "This is the best news I've heard in a while." He pulled her into a tight hug and she quickly hugged him back. He pressed a kiss to the side of her head before pulling away slightly to press a kiss to her lips. "We're going to be parents."

     Theo softly smiled at him and nodded. "We're going to be parents."

     "Does anyone else know?"

     Theo shook her head. "Just Eloise."

     "Do you want to wait to tell anyone else?"

     Theo thought about it for a moment before nodding. "Yeah. I just want to get used to the thought myself first before I get bombarded and people start treating me like a fragile person. Including you. Just because I'm growing another human, doesn't mean you can treat me like I'm going to fall apart at any given moment."

     "I would never." Clint assured her.

     "Anyways, moving on, what do you want for dinner?"

     "Whatever you want." Clint shrugged. "I'm down with whatever."

     Theo smiled and gave him another kiss before walking into their kitchen and beginning to make dinner. Clint sat at the bar and watched her with a smile. He was so in love with her, and now there was going to be tinier version of her running around. A thought suddenly popped in his head. "What if we live together?"

     Theo glanced at him before turning back to the food. "We basically do."

     Clint stood up and walked over to her, snaking his arms around her waist as she continued to cook. "No, I mean, what if we get our own house. Our own place. It would give us an escape from this very dull base. Plus, I don't want to raise a kid around here."

     Theo pursed her lips. "It doesn't sound too bad of an idea."

      "Yeah?"

     Theo looked at him and smiled. "Yeah."

     "We'll start looking soon."

     "After dinner?" Theo suggested. Clint looked at her in surprise and she shrugged. "I could really use a change of sceneary. And like you said I don't want to raise my kid here, don't really want to grow it here either."

     "After dinner it is then." He gave her a kiss on the cheek before leaving her to cook.

After dinner was finished and the couple ate, they begin to look up what different houses that were on the market. Most of them were either too big, too small, or too crowded. Theo decided to look for houses that had a couple acres of land. That way her child could run around and play if it  wanted to.  Theo came to a stop when she saw the perfect house. It was a little ways out, away from prying eyes or ears. There was several acres of land and the house itself was perfect and just simply looked homey.

     "This one." Theo whispered, glancing at Clint.

     Clint looked at the home before looking at her and smiling. "It's perfect. Let me make some phone calls, maybe we can go and look at it sometime tomorrow or within the next few days."

     Theo nodded. "I'd like that very much."

     Giving her a kiss, he stood up and pulled out his phone. Theo watched him with a small smile before looking back at the home that was soon to be theirs. Her smile seemed to widen at the thought. Absentmindedly she placed her hand gently over her stomach, allowing herself to imagine all of the possibilities that could come out of them getting a home together.

 Absentmindedly she placed her hand gently over her stomach, allowing herself to imagine all of the possibilities that could come out of them getting a home together