Chapter 1: The Meeting

I don't know why I died. I can only remember the pain I felt. I knew that it was the end for me.

    I woke up in a dark, strange place. My first thought was that I was having one last dream before I died. I was in my own body, without any of the wounds that used to be there.

    I got up off of the floor, standing up. I seemed to be in a long hallway-like cave. I saw something a bit lighter in the distance, so I walked towards it. I felt heavy like I'd just been hit by a car. My feet were almost dragging across the ground.

    I had finally gotten to the end. I looked around, wondering where the hell I was. It was almost like a city. Buildings as tall as the sky, people bustling back and forth. Except that there was one distinct thing. Everything seemed to be in some variation of red. I looked down at my hands, I still had my normal skin tone. I looked at the people, they had normal skin tones too. Maybe the air is red or something?

    There was a large building in what seemed to be in the middle of the city. The city looked like it was underground somewhere, even though it was extremely large.

    "Some dream I'm having," I remarked.

    I started walking around the city, looking at my surroundings. I was curious, seeing that I had never been so awake in a dream before. I walked into some of the buildings, seeing normal things like shops and offices.

    I finally got curious enough to walk towards the building in the center. As I got closer, I realized what it was.

    "Holy moly mother of god. It's a FLIPPING CASTLE?!" I yelled.

     Seriously, what kind of dream is this?!

    It was a dark gray castle, one that you'd see in a haunted Halloween-type movie.

    "Well, it's only a dream. There's no harm in going," I reassured myself.

    I made my way through the city, to the center. It looked like a castle from the olden times. Like the 14 or 1500's.

    There wasn't anyone standing at the front. I was expecting some sort of guards. I decided to go ahead and walk right in. I mean, it's my dream, right?

    Two black doors were the entrance to the castle. I opened one, and walked inside, shutting the door behind me.

    I was in awe of how beautiful it was. Gold was everywhere. Paintings, statues, and even gold railings on the grand stairs that you'd see in rich people's houses. Whoever lives here must be hella loaded.

    It seemed empty though. I walked through the first floor, then eventually went up the stairs. I went to open a door to a room and felt someone behind me. I turned around, but no one was there. There was a voice though.

    "What are you doing here?"

    "Huh?" I was so confused. I looked all around me. "Who are you?" I asked.

    A figure appeared, walking away from the shadows.

    " I asked you why you were here," said the man. The man who appeared stared deep into my eyes. I didn't know what he was doing.

    Zadeus's POV

    I can see the way someone dies when I look at them. It's what comes with the job I suppose.

    She doesn't look like she should be here not just in my castle, but in the underworld. I stared into her eyes, trying to find out more.

    I could see her memories of when she died. It was the worst death that I've ever seen. It was replaying in my head. Weeks worth of memories leading up to her death were in my head all at once. I've never seen anything like this. It was on repeat in my mind. The screams. Her terror. Her pleading voice. She sobbed and sobbed, and it just wouldn't stop.

    "Why are you crying?" the girl asked.

    I swiped at my face and cleared my throat.

    "Why are you here?"

    " I don't know. It's just a dream so I should be getting out of your hair soon," she replied.

    She thinks that she'll be waking up. Does she not remember what happened?

    "You're not dreaming."

    "What? Of course, I am. This is the realest dream I've ever had. It's pretty fun."

    "What's your name?" I asked to change the subject.

    "Giselle, you?"

    "Zadeus."

    She reached her hand out.

    "Nice to meet you Zadeus."

    I watched as her smile dropped from her face, and as her eyes widened.

    "Zadeus!?"