Chapter 1: The Rainy Night's Gift.

It was monsoon in Mathura

It was monsoon in Mathura. Monsoons in Mathura were quite pleasant, as those weren't that heavy that the whole city would be drowned in floods.
Nor farmers had any tension about their crops getting drenched in rain. Monsoons in Mathura were believed to be rains of fortune because, each year and the other, monsoons bought some gifts.

Monsoons were believed to be highly auspicious in Mathura. Even, both the Rajkumars of Mathura were born in the Monsoons.

Last year, Rajkumar Balaram got married in the monsoon season, Mathura got their daughter-in-law in the monsoons.

And this year, Maharani Rohini's nineth month of pregnancy fell in the monsoons. It was surely the result of her years of tapasya. She yearned for a daughter for years. She fasted for days and prayed for years for a daughter.

But, what if she gets blessed with a son this time too?

Rohini was lying down on her bed. A river of thoughts were flowing in her mind.

What if she doesn't gives birth to a daughter this time?

What if her tapasya went to vain?

But, suddenly, she felt painful contractions. It was the time.

Her personal maids and their Raj vaidya took her to the labor room.

Vasudev was waiting outside the room, and soon, he heard a cry.

It was a girl's cry!

Tears formed in his eyes. Rohini's tapasya didn't went to vain.

Soon, the Raj vaidya came out carrying a baby in her arms.

She said, "Congratulations Maharaj, you are blessed with a baby girl."

Vasudev took his daughter in his arms and kissed her forehead, "My daughter."

Rohini had fallen asleep as soon as she gave birth, as the labor was quite tiring as she was now in her early 40s

Soon, after 2 hours, she opened her eyes, and she found a baby girl sleeping near her. Tears formed in her eyes. She thanked God and kissed her daughter's forehead. And surprisingly, the baby girl opened her eyes, as if her mother's kiss awakened her inner soul.  She had beautiful lotus petal shaped eyes. She was very fair and had a golden complexion. She had a little birth hair on her head. She had an illusionary beauty, as, she was the goddess of illusion.

And soon, Rohini's personal maid entered her room and asked, "Did you  get a good sleep, Maharani?"

"I had. The labor was quite tiring for me."

The maid then looked at the baby girl and smiled, "Your daughter going to be the jewel of Mathura, Maharani. Finally, after so many years,  the Yadava royal family saw a baby girl. This baby girl is really very auspicious."

Rohini smiled, "She is, indeed!"

Enjoy reading!

The next chapter would be published soon!

🕊️ • Till then, keep admiring Kanha!

Love,
Jibasmita 🦋