✧༻Part 17༺✧

~~~Sydney Pov~~~

"120,121, 122" I was swaying side to side in the shadows of the night. I felt like I was floating on the worlds problems.

I someone grab my shoulder "HEY what are you doing? What  are you doing outside"

I fell to the floor covering my eyes. "I did what you said please don't shoot!" My breathing quickened " I'm not even looking at you please!"

"Calm down? Look at me look at me." I felt someone grab my shoulders. I can't look at him or her. Who whoever the robotic voice is. They going to blow my brains out. I still want to be here . Then my dad grabbed my face and I saw those deep green eyes. That look a lot like mine

My breathing slowed down. And before I knew it my dad wrapped his arms  around me, and I started to sob. I looked up from my dad shoulder and saw a rat run past him.

I jumped out of my dad's arms like a jack in the box. "EWWWWWWW RAT RAT' I sprung onto my feet. And flapped my hands like a bird. Involuntarily jumping around in circles.

My dad laughed and got back on his feet. He was chuckling but still had a confused look on his face.

HEM HEM

I stopped and looked around for the source. Than I saw a black limo in front of the gate. With windows rolled down. There sat our Butler Giles

"Sir, would you and your daughter.  Want to enter the vehicle, or should I switch off the motor" he said in his British accent

"No need." My dad yelled. My dad walked towards the limo. He opened the door and pointed towards the door "SYDNEY! Do you want to  get into the car?" In in occasionally British accent

I calmed down and I followed his suggestion. I slide in the back seat. The butler clicks the remote and the beautiful golden and black gates parted.

The tension was thicker than butter. But you definitely  couldn't ignore it.

"Why were you outside at 3am in a pink shirt and shorts." My dad was never one to beat around the bush. "Especially when you know we don't have security around 3 am till 3:45. You know the guards are switching positions."

I threw my head back. Maybe that's why the fortune teller wanted to meet at this hour. Who on earth is this person? And how dangerous is he or her? So many questions ran into my mind.

"Hey! I asked you a question answer me?" My father broke me out my thoughts. While snapping his fingers in my face

I looked out my window "it's really embarrassing dad?"

He tried to say it in a comforting tone of voice, but that man has no patience "Tell me why were you out there." I chuckled at the attempt.

"Branson and I had a huge fight." I bit my lip. My dad pulled a confused look " I went over to his place. As he was walking me back home, I wanted him to allow me to pay his sister's bills. Because he is a high school student and his only source of income. It is from playing on the town's football team."

He was nodding his head listening. "Okay I understand. Than why were you counting and saying please don't shoot me? And I'm not looking at you "

"Dad I was counting because I was stopping myself from crying." Which was half  true

"So, this boy declined your offer. Why?" My dad was still listening to me. While looking at me square in he face.

"I don't know dad pride is the devil I guess?" I said while shaking my head.