stories of the past

Arthur was making the fire pit while me and valka were sitting on a boulder watching. "Um, hey uh... Valka?" The woman turned her head to me "yes dear?" "I was just wondering" I paused to find a better way to ask what I wanted without offending the woman I had met not more then 3 hours ago. "You can ask me what you want dear no need to worry" she told me looking at me with a loving stare, almost motherly (see what I did there 😏 no? Just me? Ok then😔) "did I do something wrong?" Her motherly stare turned into a confused one "What?" "I mean you seem a bit tense whenever I'm around you and I don't really understand why" the then confused stare changed once again to a more understanding one and chuckling a little she answered "don't you worry dear you did nothing wrong" "so what's the reason?" I said almost emediatly "well" she paused "it's nothing serious you shouldn't worry about it" she continued but not in the way I had hoped "but why?" I pleaded for her to tell me "you will know when it's time honey, for now come on I see Loyd in the distance and I'm sure you are at least a little hungry" she walked away. And she wasn't wrong, I was very hungry.

Time skip

We had all sat down and ate slowly talking a little. I found out that y/n was friends with Anthi before and had contact with valka and Addam who were now partners of 7 years even though they weren't legally married.

The sun was setting over the horizon and we were all still sitting around the campfire Valka leaning her head on Addam both having their backs on the stone, me and y/n half looking at the sun then Anthi leaning on her dragon and lastly the two boys against the sun and beach.

"So how did you all meet?" I asked curious.

"Well me and Addam had been planning on leaving our old ice home where other dragons where and when y/n and Anthi came to us trying to say goodbye saying they wanted to travel elsewhere not around where we all were before we took the opportunity and came with them." Valka explained.

"I just wanted a fresh start so when y/n came to my old village that was very against dragons and also just pure shit I left with her. I mean she was the only friend I had and my family didn't even care to acknowledge my existence so it was really a win win, so at night I went into the forest took spike and flew of that retched island" Anthi said.

"I" Loyd paused "I originally come from far, far away from the depths of the scariest
forests this world has ever seen. My people where thieves who stole what they could traded it for resources, then came back into the forest with them for us all to survive in our little village living no trace of them behind until they came out to steal again, we weren't big in numbers, only about 20 people all together who survived as a big family. We ate together in the mornings and afternoons from big plates that the two women who were best at cooking made and then got to our own tasks. Some kids had farm work, the rest helped the elders with delivering stuff to each tent from the two little shops." He stopped when anthi interrupted him "tent?" "Yes, we didn't have real houses, only two big tents as shops of clothing and books and stuff then other tinnier tents from each side to sleep and then infront was the camp fire and farms all surrounded by trees. I was one of 5 kids that went out of the forest to steal only one day every thing went wrong. The towns guards caught us in the act and I was the only one that didn't get away. I was tortured for days until I managed to escape and befriended my now best friend Scott" he jestured to his dragon "then I met y/n, Anthi, Valka and Addam and they let me join their quest of finding a new home where I have been for the past few days" everyone was intrigued by Loyds past until now "damn dude I can't believe you had to go through all that" Arthur said "well it is what it is".

"What about you Arthur?" Anthi said feeling the need to change the subject. "Oh well I'm originally from the island of colsa, far away from here. If you ask me that island was the next best thing to paradise with amazing views and wild life, of course nothing can beat the sunsets there. But I always wanted something more you know? Something to live up to. So I decided to leave and start my own adventure, little did I know I would have a knife to my throat only a few days later" he said comedically "yea sorry about that" anthi said giggling.

"Hiccup what about you?" "Oh um well I come from berk were it's basically kill or be killed so when I got picked to kill a dragon I couldn't bear to and in the middle of the night I freed the dragons and ran away with toothless" I simply explained

"Y/n what about you?" Arthur said "I would rather not talk about it" she said not bothering to look up from her notebook.

"Okay party pooper" he said, there was a pause "we need a team name" "team name?" Valka questioned "yeah a name for us all" "so what do you have in mind?" Addam said, Arthur thought for a moment" " how about something heroic like the greats or perhaps sinister like the death bringers" "yeahhh perhaps something more simple" loyd said "fine don't take my amazing ideas see where that gets you" Arthur grumbled causing us to laugh.

Well most of us.

"What about the runaways team" y/n perked up "what?" "Well we all pretty much ran away to a better future so it kind of makes sense seeing as its what got us all together in the first place" she picked up her head showing her e/c eyes "I mean it does kind of sound cool" anthi said "the runaways team it is" Arthur said. We all talked for a little longer then went to bed.

Words 1094 damn