chapter two ☆ college crush

Jamie and I navigate through a sea of fellow confused first years trying to find their way to the classroom where the orientation session will be taking place.

'All first years, gather in this lecture hall!' A booming voice commands, and the sea diverts to stumbling over towards the lecture hall where a grumpy-looking male teacher is barking instructions at us.

'This way, I think.' I redirect Jamie, gently grabbing her arm, helping her make her way through the rustic doorway.

High, shiny ceilings stretch above us, and a curved vast selection of seats are waiting for us to sit down.

Jamie scrambles for a seat, and I quickly follow her, struggling amidst the swarm of young, confused college students.

We breathed a deep, synchronized sigh of relief as we managed to reserve two seats, where we had a fantastic view of the giant board.

After what felt like forever, the chaos eventually calmed down and everyone had finally managed to get a hold of a seat. The same barking professor from the hallway apocalypse confidently strode into the lecture hall, his squashed, wrinkly face oddly resembling a French Bulldog. I try my hardest not to snort with laughter as I depict the male teacher with the face of a Frenchie, causing Jamie to give me the 'side-eye'.

'Welcome, first years, to OAKWOOD COLLEGE!' The french bulldog teacher booms, his voice echoing obnoxiously off the wide room and high ceilings. 'My name is Mr Grayson.' He announces.

Mr Grayson begins to discuss rules and expectations, pacing backwards and forwards as he explains to us.

I briefly glance around the room. Some students look bored, very few actually look interested in Mr Grayson's mind-numbingly boring orientation session, and others are silently chatting amongst themselves.

 Some students look bored, very few actually look interested in Mr Grayson's mind-numbingly boring orientation session, and others are silently chatting amongst themselves

My brain melts as Mr Grayson's monotonous, irritating voice drones on as he recites irrelevant crap that most of the room didn't give a stuff about.

The girl sitting next to me was falling asleep, her frizzy carrot coloured hair covering most of her pale face inked with freckles. I turned my head to the side to notice Jamie, lost in her own little world.

I resist the urge to slam my head against the oak polished table so I would be unconscious and unable to hear Mr Grayson's whiny, stupid voice.

'Now, you have been assigned into 10 different groups, each containing 25 students. There are scheduled tours at different times per group, to avoid traffic.' Mr Grayson's sharp voice shatters my deep thoughts.

The girl next to me yelps as she is startled awake, attracting a few dirty looks towards her. She glows a scarlet colour and burns with humiliation. I feel sympathetic towards her.

Mr Grayson loudly cleared his throat, grunting like a pig. My forehead creased in annoyance as I watched him prance around stupidly, growing to dislike the wrinkly professor.