chapter seven: first

"You chickened out, didn't you?" said Blaise, eyeing us as Riddle closed the bathroom door behind us. I rolled my eyes.

"So what? It was just a stupid dare," I said.

"Well, we came up with a new plan while you were in there."

"Which is?" asked Riddle. He was still standing next to me, and I could practically feel the heat radiating off him. I took a step away from him.

"We're going to the astronomy tower." Blaise grinned.

"At two in the morning?" said Riddle.

"When else would you go look at stars? Midday? C'mon, let's go." Blaise got to his feet and everyone followed him out of the dorm, including Daphne and Theo, who had woken up from their little nap while we had been in the bathroom. Riddle walked right behind me, and his presence was more unnerving than ever. I wanted to shove him against the wall and make out with him until our lips went numb, but I thought better of it. It had been just a one time thing, a mistake. I shouldn't have given into the temptation and just sat the seven minutes out like I had planned to.

But it turned out Riddle had some plans of his own, because just as we were about to leave the common room, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. He kissed me even harder this time, as if he was a starving man and I was the first meal he'd had in weeks. I wanted to push him away, tell him that our friends could be waiting for us, but I couldn't find the energy to care.

No, I had to stop this madness.

"Wait," I said, coming up for air. "I can't do this."

Riddle still had a firm grip on my waist, and it didn't seem like he was planning on letting go anytime soon. His gaze made my knees go weak. "Why?" he asked.

I tried to come up with a viable excuse, but they were all stupid. Nothing I could say would convince me that I didn't want him. Because I did. I needed him so badly.

"Is it because you don't want me, or because you don't want to be like all the other girls who do?"

Fuck, he knew me so well.

Without a single word, I took him by the hand and led him up the stairs to the girls' dormitories. My hand shook as I reached for the door handle, letting us into my empty room. It wasn't exactly the cleanest, and under other circumstances I would've been embarrassed, but I was focused on other things right now. As soon as the door shut behind us, his lips were on mine once more. My heart was racing so fast I could hear it beating in my ears. A little voice in the back of my mind was yelling at me to slow down, to think rationally for a second, but I refused to listen. I craved his touch, but a part of me knew he wasn't going to give it to me so easily.

His hands slid under my shirt and gripped my bare waist, making me shudder. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer to me, taking in his scent. A gasp escaped me when his lips left mine and trailed down my neck. My insides were burning with need, and I didn't know how long I'd be able to hold out.

My fingers found the hem of his shirt and he pulled away from my neck, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" he asked, his eyes glinting with lust.

"Yes."

I pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor. My breath caught in my throat as my gaze landed on his bare chest. Who would've thought he'd be hiding muscles under all these clothes. He tilted my head up with his finger, making me meet his stare.

"Eyes up here, Seraphina."

My face was on fire as he began to undress me, his lips returning back to mine whenever they got the chance. I was left in nothing but my underwear when he sat down on my bed and pulled me down onto his lap. His fingers tangled themselves into my hair as he kissed me over and over again, denying me access to air. I pushed my hips against him and he let out a moan, as if that simple motion was enough to set him off. The thought of him under me, submitting to my power thrilled me, but it seemed like he had other plans.