4| Chaos

The next morning I wake up feeling a lot lighter. I take a quick shower and after getting ready I head to the kitchen where Ezra is sitting by the counter, shoving a piece of bacon into his mouth. He closes his eyes and moans as if he just tasted heaven.

Now that's a sight that I'd gladly like to erase from my memory.

"Morning Wills." He says with a mouth full of bacon. "Good morning. Am I interrupting something?" I ask setting my bag down on the counter. My stomach grumbles and I grab a piece of toast just to stop it from sounding like a lion, ready to pounce. One piece won't hurt.

"Can't a man just enjoy his breakfast in peace?" I just roll my eyes at that.

"By the way, I'm hanging out with some friends after school and they'll be dropping me off at home." I say shoving the last bite of toast into my mouth. He nods and walks over to the sink to put his plate away. "I have football tryouts after school so I wouldn't have been able to drop you off anyway." He turns to me. "You made some friends?" I grab by bag and we start walking to his car. He unlocks the door and I slide into the passanger seat.

"Yeah, this girl, Hazel. I met her after some douch bumped into me. Turns out it's actually her brother. She introduced me to some of her friends." He starts pulling out of the long driveway.

"That's great Wills, I'm really happy for you." He gives me a big smile and I can't help but return it. We stop at a red light and he slightly turns to me in his seat. "Wait, did you say Hazel? As in Hazel Ashford?"

"She didn't really give me her last name so I wouldn't know. Why?" I give him a confused look.

"Her brother is Luke Ashford. He's the captain of the football team and kind of a legend at school. I'm surprised you haven't heard about him yet. People are pretty much always talking about him.
Ohh wait, didn't you say he bumped into you? Why didn't you tell me?"He focuses back on the road when the light turns green again.

Luke. So that's his name. "Why didn't I tell you that some asshole knocked all of my books out of my arms, or why didn't I tell you that said asshole was your new man crush?" I narrow my eyes at him.

He smirks at me, "Both"

~

I head to my locker after school to grab a few things before meeting Hazel and the girls. I shove a few books in my bag and when I close the door, I nearly let out a scream. Luckily my brain was on my side for once and opted for a silent reaction.

Leaning against the locker next to mine, shamelessly staring into my soul with his piercing blue eyes, is Luke Ashford.

We both stand there in silence for a minute or two. I'm looking at him with confusion while he's giving me a look I can't really place.

This is getting awkward. It's a kind of I'm looking at him, he's looking at me kind of situation and it's starting to make me uncomfortable. What the hell does he want?

I finally decide to break the awkward silence, "Can I help you with something?" He seems amused by my irritated tone and it just pisses me off more. "Can you stop staring? It's getting weird." He lets out a small chuckle.

"I'm here to apologize for yesterday. I guess my sister considers you a friend of hers now and apparently I was an asshole." His voice is deep and smooth and I take a second to really look at him. He has dark wavy hair that's short along the sides and a bit longer at the top. Is it weird that I kind of want to run my fingers through it? Yes Willow, it's weird. My inner voice scolds me. He has a sharp jaw and a pare of deep blue eyes. He's lean and muscular, but not too much to make him look bulky.